There are 223 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS AT ARIZONA CARDINALS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Please, post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it.

All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.
If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:
http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO: When? Sunday, December 11, 2011

Where? Arizona

When?
Post all your Pre-Game musings on this thread. All other threads re the game will be merged with this thread.

Go 9ers!
This is a very small spread for a 49ers vs a NFC West team in quite a while. Does Vegas think the Cardinals are hot right now? What's going on here?
they beat the cowboys,, the cowboys beat us?!
The Cards D is playing well. Divisional game on the road. This is not a gimme. We should win, but the Cards are not the Rams.
The Cards are playing strong football right now ...this will not be a walk in the park ...time to strap on the hat and go to work
So far, the public agrees with you. 91% of the money is on the niners. Obviously this is very early, but this line's gonna move and soon.

(Of course, being on the public side is often not the smart place to be. But -3.5 seems pretty crazy. The Cards beat Dallas only because Dallas choked it away worse that the game we choked away to them.)
Probably think after winning the division and playing the Steelers the following Monday, that the 49ers will overlook the Cards.
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:
So far, the public agrees with you. 91% of the money is on the niners. Obviously this is very early, but this line's gonna move and soon.

(Of course, being on the public side is often not the smart place to be. But -3.5 seems pretty crazy. The Cards beat Dallas only because Dallas choked it away worse that the game we choked away to them.)

if i understand the concept behind a point spread, it is not necessarily an evaluation of the relative strengths of the two teams, though that is a big factor underlying the spread...rather it is more the number that the books think will bring an eqal amount of action on both sides...they want to middle the bets as they make their oney on the vig, which is the take they keep on each bet

also the home team had a 3 point factor just for being the home team

any degenerate gamblers out there can correct my understanding if im wrong
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM ]
cards have won 4 out of the last 5 ---but 2 of those wins, i think, were vs rams, the other two vs eagles and cowboys...the one loss was a fairly convincing one by our 49ers

I was LOL when the Cards upset the Cowboys in OT. @ Dallas...karma!

As for being favored by a small amount, I agree...that's a 'WTF is the world coming to' type of thought. Oh well, we'll keep it close to that...win with like 3 TDs close.
This team will be competitive in each game they play. We are not world beaters at this point. To win the whole thing I believe each game will be a dog fight. Strap the helmets on tight fella's cause we wont be steam rolling through like we did to the Bears, Cowpussies and Chargers in 94
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
YES WE ARE SUXORZ
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
f**k Kevin Kolb!
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by johnnyredneat:

if i understand the concept behind a point spread, it is not necessarily an evaluation of the relative strengths of the two teams, though that is a big factor underlying the spread...rather it is more the number that the books think will bring an eqal amount of action on both sides...they want to middle the bets as they make their oney on the vig, which is the take they keep on each bet

also the home team had a 3 point factor just for being the home team

any degenerate gamblers out there can correct my understanding if im wrong

You are right...almost all the time. Vegas typically likes equal action on both sides of the line. But there are times that Vegas absolutely will maintain a line towards one team even if the action is lopsided, if they see a possibility for "sucker" action. (Usually those types of sucker lines are at 3.5, 7.5, or 10.5, etc. - for obvious reasons.) Vegas likes to do this with public teams (teams the public typically likes): NE, Dallas, Indy (w/ Manning), and Pittsburgh are classic "public" teams.

Example: Week 9, SF@WAS. SF was -3.5 for almost the whole week. Skins looked dreadful, John Beck was the starter, Santana Moss was out, etc. About 90% of the action was coming in on SF. But Vegas held the line at -3.5 almost the whole week.. Clearly the sharps thought they were seeing something the public didn't.

Of course SF covered easily, and Vegas took a bath. So screw 'em.
Share 49ersWebzone