LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by adrenaline:
That flag on Goldson's hit was bogus. Looked like he lead with his shoulder and hit the guy in the shoulder too.

Two BS penalties, that and Justin Smith's hit on QB, replay shows it was not a hit to the head but to the chest like he got pushed. Refs weren't as bad as in Lions game, but they didn't call a good game either.
Originally posted by StLNiner:
An "Elite" team?? Like who...the Saints. I'm tired of all this "elite team" talk, the saint's got there ass handed to them by the 0-6 Rams. Really...I'm just quaking in my boots. Amongst the ranks of the "elite", yep you guessed it, the Ravens who had to mount a 21 point comeback to beat the Cardinals. We are winning and winning in convincing fashion so the "elites" can take a back seat, we can beat anyone out there with Alex leading this team.

Wonderfully put. Agree 100%.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
you guys havent heard? if you throw for 300 plus like cam newton and lose your loved and an elite qb, but if you throw for 175 and have 9tds to 2 ints and is the starting qb of a 6-1 team you suck

Oh come on, we're all aware of Smith's capabilities, but you can't deny that Smith is missing some targets *cough, Crabtree, cough* that could've gone for big yards not to mention the near INT pass that was behind Edwards and was deflected and bounced around a few times before Gore's TD run. Our passing game is a weakness that must be improved if we are to survive in the playoffs vs. pass-happy offenses. Our defense and running game can only do so much by themselves.

With that in mind, I'm glad that two potential turnovers (dropped INT and Smith recovered his own fumble) didn't occur...and glad Smith is protecting the ball better than previous years.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Oct 31, 2011 at 8:52 AM ]
Also, love how they used both Staley and Sopoaga as TEs and got them a pass. Very surprised Sopoaga ran out of bounds, those cover guys are HALF your size, run them the f*** over like you do in run blocking situations!
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Also, love how they used both Staley and Sopoaga as TEs and got them a pass. Very surprised Sopoaga ran out of bounds, those cover guys are have your size, run them the f*** over like you do in run blocking situations!

He did the right thing, it's late in the game and we don't need another injury
If you could make an adjustment at the half or after the game, what would it be? My adjustment would be in regards to the sidelines. What's up with Alex Smith not diving for the pylon?
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Also, love how they used both Staley and Sopoaga as TEs and got them a pass. Very surprised Sopoaga ran out of bounds, those cover guys are have your size, run them the f*** over like you do in run blocking situations!

He did the right thing, it's late in the game and we don't need another injury

I didn't consider the injury thing, so that's a good point. But I was hoping he'd flatten a CB or Safety and stay in bounds to keep the clock moving.
I didn't consider the injury thing, so that's a good point. But I was hoping he'd flatten a CB or Safety and stay in bounds to keep the clock moving.

Also, big guys and guys who never handle the ball are very prone to fumbling. Probably should have just slid down but a moot point because we won. Although, Staley and Soap both seemed to have secured the ball nicely. Things change once you get hit though.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 31, 2011 at 9:08 AM ]

After making the catch, he thought he was Ted Ginn. Watch Ted Ginn next time, he bails out of bound on the first sign of contact. Ted Ginn Mr. Close Encounter.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Also, big guys and guys who never handle the ball are very prone to fumbling. Probably should have just slid down but a moot point because we won. Although, Staley and Soap both seemed to have secured the ball nicely. Things change once you get hit though.

Glad they finally threw to them. What this does is make other teams take account for the fat linemen in the future. They now know we're not scared to throw it their way.

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Glad they finally threw to them. What this does is make other teams take account for the fat linemen in the future. They now know we're not scared to throw it their way.

I had thought they would do this at the goal line. I even called for Synder before the game for a TD. Right idea wrong situation and guy for me.

Another good point, didn't consider possibly fumbling the ball either. But Staley is a former TE and Soap played rugby and read that both got to practice those plays, so they do have some experience with the ball and like you said, it looked pretty secure when they ran after the catch.
Also, love how they used both Staley and Sopoaga as TEs and got them a pass. Very surprised Sopoaga ran out of bounds, those cover guys are HALF your size, run them the f*** over like you do in run blocking situations!

Fixed.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
god damn those commentators for CBS suck ass. I thought I was listening to a local high school game. Turrible, just turrible!

When they said ''If the niners win today, They clinch the division, but thats mathematically impossible right now'' and laugh it off
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
I hope not. Look for Harbaugh to attempt to set the tone early with the power and try to dominate with the run. I'm not expecting a big game out of Alex. But, what do I know?

I see a closer game. Niners 24-10.

Looks like you almost win with your prediction
Share 49ersWebzone