LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
What a hater man.

"This guy has only hit 200+ yards 2 times all season...you think thats going to win you the super bowl?"

Uhh news flash dick cheese....it's gotten us a 6-1 record so OBVIOUSLY it doesn't really matter.

No, it hasn't mattered "yet". The point that these guys are trying to make, and I do agree with it to a point, is what happens when we play an elite team? Eventually we are going to play someone that our defense just can't shut down completely, and if we get into a shoot-out type game - 150 yards and 10-17 points isn't going to cut it.
I think the point they are making is that we have yet to need to, so why do it if not needed? There's no reason for us to say, "Hey lets abandon what's working just to get Alex 300 yards." There's just no reason. Look at games he was needed. Philly, Detroit, Cincy when we need him to step it up he has. Stats do not matter, especially when you do not need to pass the ball and risk int's. It's great logic IMO.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the point they are making is that we have yet to need to, so why do it if not needed? There's no reason for us to say, "Hey lets abandon what's working just to get Alex 300 yards." There's just no reason. Look at games he was needed. Philly, Detroit, Cincy when we need him to step it up he has. Stats do not matter, especially when you do not need to pass the ball and risk int's. It's great logic IMO.

That's my point. It's a matter of perception. The commentators look at the stats, and they question "can" Alex do it? They don't look deeper into the games to see there hasn't been a need yet. They don't look at the field position. All they are looking at is the box score. So they are going to continue to question that until they see 300+ yards and 3+ TD's in that box score. They are going to continue to question it until we play the Packers or Pats and beat them in a 40-37 point shoot-out. That is what it's going to take to change the perception and prove to the "doubters" that Alex "can" do it.
What a hater man.

"This guy has only hit 200+ yards 2 times all season...you think thats going to win you the super bowl?"

Uhh news flash dick cheese....it's gotten us a 6-1 record so OBVIOUSLY it doesn't really matter.

No, it hasn't mattered "yet". The point that these guys are trying to make, and I do agree with it to a point, is what happens when we play an elite team? Eventually we are going to play someone that our defense just can't shut down completely, and if we get into a shoot-out type game - 150 yards and 10-17 points isn't going to cut it.

It's funny because last year and the year before when Smith had high yardage games...Dukes would say, "Oh yeah Alex always putting up yards when it doesn't matter....he needs to just do what it takes to win the game..blah blah."

He's doing exactly that but now it's "well he's not even averaging 200 yards per game." Who cares? LOL he...doesnt...need...to.

Why use a .50 cal when a .22 can take care of the problem?
What a hater man.

It's funny because last year and the year before when Smith had high yardage games...Dukes would say, "Oh yeah Alex always putting up yards when it doesn't matter....he needs to just do what it takes to win the game..blah blah."

He's doing exactly that but now it's "well he's not even averaging 200 yards per game." Who cares? LOL he...doesnt...need...to.

We're not even using a .22, we're using a damn garrote
you guys havent heard? if you throw for 300 plus like cam newton and lose your loved and an elite qb, but if you throw for 175 and have 9tds to 2 ints and is the starting qb of a 6-1 team you suck
  • Jiks
What a hater man.

I agree, but the fact still does remain that Smith still needs to get on the same page with his receivers. Well, him and Braylon looked ok, but it's still just not there. This concerned me at first, but the more I think of it the more I think it's going to take a little time. I'm hoping around week 10 or 11 this offense really starts clicking. I mean the first half I was looking at this offense(well team as a whole) in amazement of how good they could be. Second half Cleveland came out and was well prepared. Shurmur is a good coach, and made some great adjustments. He stopped Frank in his tracks and got some pressure on Alex. Our defense also looked a little flat.

Overall though, I have no complaints about this game. Yes, we can be better, but in all reality that's a great thing being able to say at 6-1.
An "Elite" team?? Like who...the Saints. I'm tired of all this "elite team" talk, the saint's got there ass handed to them by the 0-6 Rams. Really...I'm just quaking in my boots. Amongst the ranks of the "elite", yep you guessed it, the Ravens who had to mount a 21 point comeback to beat the Cardinals. We are winning and winning in convincing fashion so the "elites" can take a back seat, we can beat anyone out there with Alex leading this team.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
you guys havent heard? if you throw for 300 plus like cam newton and lose your loved and an elite qb, but if you throw for 175 and have 9tds to 2 ints and is the starting qb of a 6-1 team you suck

Finally, some words of wisdom.

This Alex Smith thread has to be one of the worst threads in Niner talk, and Niner talk is the worst section in webzone.

We didn't need him to throw for 300 today with Gore playing well and our defense playing even better.

Smith has stepped up when we needed him most this season (Eagles, Lions in the recent past) and that's all that should matter.

Not this "he missed throws and didn't hit the receivers in stride" b******t. I liked this forum back when it wasn't 90% retards posting in here...
That flag on Goldson's hit was bogus. Looked like he lead with his shoulder and hit the guy in the shoulder too.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

This Alex Smith thread has to be one of the worst threads in Niner talk, and Niner talk is the worst section in webzone.

We didn't need him to throw for 300 today with Gore playing well and our defense playing even better.

Smith has stepped up when we needed him most this season (Eagles, Lions in the recent past) and that's all that should matter.

Not this "he missed throws and didn't hit the receivers in stride" b******t. I liked this forum back when it wasn't 90% retards posting in here...

When was that?

Originally posted by ObePwnD:

When was that?

lol, I started browsing through this forum with my dad all the way back in 2005, and it was at least a little better back then.

It sucks now though, I just mainly post in the Giants forum now since the 10-15 people that post there on a regular basis know what they're talking about.
  • g60nx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

When was that?

lol, I started browsing through this forum with my dad all the way back in 2005, and it was at least a little better back then.

It sucks now though, I just mainly post in the Giants forum now since the 10-15 people that post there on a regular basis know what they're talking about.

this this this this
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
god damn those commentators for CBS suck ass. I thought I was listening to a local high school game. Turrible, just turrible!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
god damn those commentators for CBS suck ass. I thought I was listening to a local high school game. Turrible, just turrible!

A lot to do with them never doing NFC teams so they don't know much about us or can't pronounce our names.
How bout some love for the OL? Especially run blocking both in the trenches and down field.
Share 49ersWebzone