There are 695 users in the forums
***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CLEVELAND BROWNS GAMEDAY THREAD ***
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM
- goodthings19
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,000
Wow after watching today's SEA VS CLE game I don't know if I am more excited about next weeks game VS CLE or the Dec. 24th game VS SEA. Both teams look like crap.
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,897
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
So here's a funny story about Colt McCoy...
I moved to the Austin, TX area from the S.F. Bay area a couple years ago just before Colt's final season with the Longhorns. As a lifelong diehard Niners fan I hated the Comboys so I wasn't about to root for them, and I didn't care about the Houston Texans. But Austin had the Longhorns, who were winning, so onto the bandwagon I jumped.
My dad and I were talking about the Longhorns and their star QB, a guy who was apparently the winningest QB in NCAA history. Colt McCoy was his name.I said "Colt McCoy! What a GREAT football name!!" Then said in my best husky sounding John Wayne impression, "Colt McCoy - rough & ready NFL quarterback - Ready for PRIME TIME!" But I had never seen a picture of the guy...
Then the season began and we turned on the Longhorn's game and I saw his pic. I about fell out of my chair laughing.
I said "That's not Colt McCoy - rough & ready NFL quarterback - Ready for PRIME TIME!" He looks more like a Biff Skippy, President of the Glee Club!!!"
![]()
![]()
![]()
Ever since that day, we've asked ourselves if Biff Skippy(if he sucked) showed up to play or Colt McCoy(if he was good).
I fully expect to see Biff Skippy at Candlestick next Sunday!
wow
what a hilarious story...
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:45 PM
- frankie
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,361
^^ biff skippy looks like the weirdo who runs into jonah hill in superbad, then gets his ass kicked for lettin the lion out of the cage. We handled the lions just fine so colt aint so scary. Goniners bring on the browns. Im to impatient to enjoy a bye week! Bring on niner grade badass football!
Goniners
Goniners
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM
- overthemiddle
- Veteran
- Posts: 653
We should win this hands down but you never know.
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM
- KALI-KING
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,364
I hope were not overlooking the Browns.
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM
- ninerfan4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,880
A Singletary coached team would beat the Browns.
Oct 23, 2011 at 3:58 PM
- Bryant4everYoung
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,584
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:I get what you're saying, but I'm tired of feeling scurred. F-that, the Niners have to blow these type of teams UP with all these conditions if we aspire to compete with the big boys. I smell blood.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I'm not usually one to look past teams, or be overzealous, but I watched this entire game, and the Browns cannot pass the ball in any 2nd/3rd down situation, it's really pathetic. All the browns can do is run the ball, and we're 3rd in shutting down the run, nobody can run past us...
Packed Candlestick park + rested 49ers + Braylon Edwards back = Brownstown massacre.
I wouldnt take the browns D lightly they are 7th overall and 4th in stopping the pass.
Oct 23, 2011 at 5:40 PM
- Texas9erFan
- Member
- Posts: 286
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wow
what a hilarious story...
I guess you had to be there.
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
We win this game we probably take the division.
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:08 PM
- SF4EVA
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,098
I think we have to win this game convincingly to get some serious consideration. We dont have the benefit of a recent win history.
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:21 PM
- Oldschool9erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 537
I'm dying without the 49ers this week. It just doesn't feel right without the 49ers playing and they are playing so well.
Does everyone else here on the board feel the same way?
In regards to Cleveland, I bet the team comes out really strong. I don't think they will play down to their opponent like in past years. Hearing the interviews of the team members and coaches everyone is excited to practice and take their game to the next level. They have a blue collar mindset and I think they will continue to get better in the second half of the season. I really hope Braylon plays, he needs to become a good tandem with Crabtree and he maybe the key piece in the offense that we need to balance everything out.
Does everyone else here on the board feel the same way?
In regards to Cleveland, I bet the team comes out really strong. I don't think they will play down to their opponent like in past years. Hearing the interviews of the team members and coaches everyone is excited to practice and take their game to the next level. They have a blue collar mindset and I think they will continue to get better in the second half of the season. I really hope Braylon plays, he needs to become a good tandem with Crabtree and he maybe the key piece in the offense that we need to balance everything out.
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:23 PM
- monsterzero789
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,304
i think its cause we are playing so well, that we dont want it to stop. Bye weeks the past 8 or 9 years have been blessings as we havent had to watch the 9ers get pummeled like every game
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM
- SnakePlissken
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,028
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
I think we have to win this game convincingly to get some serious consideration. We dont have the benefit of a recent win history.
It has to be a concrete, full-cylinder blow-out, nothing else will suffice. -It's gonna be 50/50 though with Braylon coming back, he'll either pick up where he left off, or there will be some one-week growing pains until Washington; either way we have Vernon, Crabs, and Walker.
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:32 PM
- bleeds9ersredandgold
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,192
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
So here's a funny story about Colt McCoy...
I moved to the Austin, TX area from the S.F. Bay area a couple years ago just before Colt's final season with the Longhorns. As a lifelong diehard Niners fan I hated the Comboys so I wasn't about to root for them, and I didn't care about the Houston Texans. But Austin had the Longhorns, who were winning, so onto the bandwagon I jumped.
My dad and I were talking about the Longhorns and their star QB, a guy who was apparently the winningest QB in NCAA history. Colt McCoy was his name.I said "Colt McCoy! What a GREAT football name!!" Then said in my best husky sounding John Wayne impression, "Colt McCoy - rough & ready NFL quarterback - Ready for PRIME TIME!" But I had never seen a picture of the guy...
Then the season began and we turned on the Longhorn's game and I saw his pic. I about fell out of my chair laughing.
I said "That's not Colt McCoy - rough & ready NFL quarterback - Ready for PRIME TIME!" He looks more like a Biff Skippy, President of the Glee Club!!!"
![]()
![]()
![]()
Ever since that day, we've asked ourselves if Biff Skippy(if he sucked) showed up to play or Colt McCoy(if he was good).
I fully expect to see Biff Skippy at Candlestick next Sunday!
wow
what a hilarious story...
yep really just a terrible post.
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:34 PM
- NinersEverywhere
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,762
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
So here's a funny story about Colt McCoy...
I moved to the Austin, TX area from the S.F. Bay area a couple years ago just before Colt's final season with the Longhorns. As a lifelong diehard Niners fan I hated the Comboys so I wasn't about to root for them, and I didn't care about the Houston Texans. But Austin had the Longhorns, who were winning, so onto the bandwagon I jumped.
My dad and I were talking about the Longhorns and their star QB, a guy who was apparently the winningest QB in NCAA history. Colt McCoy was his name.I said "Colt McCoy! What a GREAT football name!!" Then said in my best husky sounding John Wayne impression, "Colt McCoy - rough & ready NFL quarterback - Ready for PRIME TIME!" But I had never seen a picture of the guy...
Then the season began and we turned on the Longhorn's game and I saw his pic. I about fell out of my chair laughing.
I said "That's not Colt McCoy - rough & ready NFL quarterback - Ready for PRIME TIME!" He looks more like a Biff Skippy, President of the Glee Club!!!"
![]()
![]()
![]()
Ever since that day, we've asked ourselves if Biff Skippy(if he sucked) showed up to play or Colt McCoy(if he was good).
I fully expect to see Biff Skippy at Candlestick next Sunday!
hahahahahaha
