There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Props to Patrick Willis!! He gave up a TD but they were throwing his way ALL DAY and he broke up a lot of passes.

Willis gets huge props to taking on a tough man-on-man assignment vs a solid TE.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Props to Patrick Willis!! He gave up a TD but they were throwing his way ALL DAY and he broke up a lot of passes.

Willis gets huge props to taking on a tough man-on-man assignment vs a solid TE.

The first 2-4 drives on offense from the lions, made me think it was going to be a long day with Willis on the TE, and bowman on best. Then something happened..... We adjusted, and it didnt seem like willis was getting beat in coverage anymore.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
willis never really got beat, he was in a good position even on the td.
Originally posted by lyer:
willis never really got beat, he was in a good position even on the td.
Lyer you are telling the truth
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Willis' play was the key to our defense. Him doing a fantastic job at covering the TE allowed our safeties to give over the top help on the receivers. You could see in various replays how our coverage was fantastic in the WR down the field. Willis' assignment wasn't sexy but he did a fantastic job and really allowed our defense to play free.
Originally posted by London9er:
I was at the game yesterday and that place was unbelievable loud - terrific venue to watch a game. Tough not to get rattled under those conditions. Near the end of the 3rd quarter it looked like the niners were taking over; few mistakes here and there caused that not to be the case. With all my cheering I don't think I made many friends with the Lion fans sitting around me...I was going nuts!!

As a side note, the Lion fans were great in the post game tailgating.

Welcome, London!
Originally posted by 1MiamiNiner:
Great time to be a niner fan!!! Go Niners!!!

Agree
Originally posted by tondiman:
I still can't believe we got harbuagh!

Imagine if we hadnt, and Harbaugh had gone to the Dolphins...

we wouldve hired another Mike Nolan type coor. with no experience.

he made some VERY nice plays in coverage. Even that TD, he had perfect coverage, did what he needed to do, it was just a better catch.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

he made some VERY nice plays in coverage. Even that TD, he had perfect coverage, did what he needed to do, it was just a better catch.

We don't play our coverage if he doesn't come through. He was a key reason that allowed us to play that coverage.
Good stuff

I completely agree.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Adam Snyder has long been the most under-appreciated player on the team.

actually he was awful last season.

this year hes been pretty good though.

No, he really wasn't. Everyone was calling for him to replace Chilo after he did well when Chilo was hurt or replaced in the lineup.

We're talking about right guard here. He's always sucked at tackle.

if you suck at where youre playing, you suck. you cant say he wasnt awful last year because he was playing out of position. the fact is that he sucked last year.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
No love to Chilo?

He still sucks!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by g60nx:
Where was VD in the game...was he even playing? Sry I had to ask I didn't see/hear him much --none-- in the game

(I watched the game through stream live because I was out of town... the quality wasn't so good...but I enjoy every bit of niners)

I have had this problem with VD, unless the gameplan is designed around him, it seems like he disappears..

Actually, I think they kept him in to block...ALOT.

This could be the case, as my stream kept freezing up this week, so I couldnt zero in on everything.

This,
I really didn't see VD running routes

man.... i should drop VD in FF and pick of Delanie (lol @ announcers pronouncing his name wrong).

it's nothing against VD. he's the better blocker between him and walker, and they only lose the size advantage when they send out walker.
I like how the announcers kept on saying that Detroit's front 7 had no clue at what was coming at them from our formations. and that we could either throw from or run off of it. it also helped running at Suh than away from him.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home