Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

he'll quit by the end of the game...they all do
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by redrathman:
#99 will stop Megetron.

Don't we have a similar guy who's 6'5 and runs a 4.38 forty?

Nope, unless Staley got super fast in the offseason.

I think he means VD. I don't think VD is 6'5"..That said VD doesn't have Megatron's hands.

But we have to control the clock and keep the QB on his heels. It's the only way I see us winning this game. Especially with Morgan out. Before, I would have argued that we had a shot at beating them in a shoot out. One star wr vs a balanced team offense.

This is going to be a real test for our line.

VD's next goal should be to practice jump ball fades. If he masters that, with Edwards on one side and VD on the other, it's a tough matchup in the red zone.

True..but that doesn't do much for our Detroit game.
Why does he call himself Megatron again?
watch lions RT gosder cherilus tonight, hes their anthony davis, he can be had, thats something i think we can exploit next week, and with staffords iffy shoulder we could be seeing shaun hill
Originally posted by kray28:
Why does he call himself Megatron again?

I believe it was Roy Williams who labeled them Optimus Prime & Megatron when they played together.
Going to be very hard, don't forget about the TE as well
Originally posted by jreff22:
Going to be very hard, don't forget about the TE as well

Get to Stafford, and you put a clamp on the rest of their playmakers, Megatron included.
is it sunday yet?
I think Megatron is going to get his fair share of catches, but you just find a way to limit the damage he can cause.

Then again, Harbaugh and company are downright scary when it comes to finding answers on defense. They found something out about Josh Freeman and keyed on it all freaking day.

Man, the Niners are playing smart football again.
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
is it sunday yet?

Or don't go for the ball at all. Just tell the DB's to catch Megetron and carry him out of bounds for an in-completion.

that is a good idea.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Or don't go for the ball at all. Just tell the DB's to catch Megetron and carry him out of bounds for an in-completion.

that is a good idea.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
is it sunday yet?

lol. Noice!
Not worried about a few Lions, when we got an endzone Hunter on the team.......
  • kush
  • Veteran
I see this game in the saem light as the eagles: They're gonna' score some points, no doubts about it. We could dominate on 9-10 plays but on the 10th Stafford and CJ are gonna' get theirs. We gotta' control the ball on offense and get points. Keep pace. Make them one dimensional and try to force mistakes. Even if CJ gets two long td's that's ok so long as we force a couple turnovers.