There are 206 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tampa Bay, while I think we can win against them, will be a hard game. They have improved the last few years and are getting better. Don't underestimate them...

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
they straight WHOOPED our ass last year.
Dobbs! I forgot about him cuz of the stellar play of our d line. With ray Mac doing awesome dobbs wont sniff playing time.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

They beat us convincingly, but I think we had a hand in beating ourselves.

when the opposing D is calling out your play at the LOS, something isn't right. I expect a closer game this year. Freeman worries me though.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

yep, that's the game where i went "oh, troy smith isn't god after all"
This is going to be a easy win for us, the bucs defense isn't as good as it was last year, and neither is Josh Freeman.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
This is going to be a easy win for us, the bucs defense isn't as good as it was last year, and neither is Josh Freeman.

No such thing.

We've had 1 good game from our running backs.

A solid but unspectacular start to the season from our QB.

Our o-line has played 1 good half.

Our d-backs have produced turnovers, but have been torched in every game, but the first, right.
It was the worst coached game I seen in a long time vs Tampa. They had an 80 yard drive, 66 yard drive, and 7 yard drive.

Here's the box numbers from last years game: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301121025

Notes:
Freeman: 13/20 136yds 2TD 0 INT
A. Smith: 16/31 128yds 0TD 1 INT

Rushing:
TB: 162 for only a 3.9 avg
SF: 71 for only a 3.9 avg

let's not get ahead of ourselves. this is the kind of mindset that allows emotional letdowns to happen.
It will be a good game. I think being in SF will be good for us, fans should be LOUD.

Freeman is good, but i dont think hes as good as Vick, especially with DJax as his reciever.
Defense has to play solid as they have all season, and offense has to play like it did in the second half.

20-14 49ers

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

let's not get ahead of ourselves. this is the kind of mindset that allows emotional letdowns to happen.

This... Nothing is a gimme in this league.

that's for the team, not the fans lol

I think we may need to quote the great Winston Wolf
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:

This... Nothing is a gimme in this league.

Josh Freeman is not playing good this year.

67.5%
6.43 ypa
76.1 Rating

He is the 6th worst QB to this day.

How are they 2-1? I don't know, they only average 90 yards rushing per game.
They lost to DET and have beaten MIN and ATL.
Originally posted by Joecool:
It was the worst coached game I seen in a long time vs Tampa. They had an 80 yard drive, 66 yard drive, and 7 yard drive.

Here's the box numbers from last years game: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301121025

Notes:
Freeman: 13/20 136yds 2TD 0 INT
A. Smith: 16/31 128yds 0TD 1 INT

Rushing:
TB: 162 for only a 3.9 avg
SF: 71 for only a 3.9 avg
Troy Smith played that game.
Share 49ersWebzone