LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 203 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Call me a homer if you will, but I'm predicting a 31-17 Niner victory.
I feel the same way Harbaugh does, too many good things being said. Hopefully he has the team working hard and preparing not believing any hype.
The Colts are going to get luck.....Their O and D are horrible. Not impressed by TB so far.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The Colts are going to get luck.....Their O and D are horrible. Not impressed by TB so far.

This. Their Run D sucks and they rely heavily on their run game.
Observations thus Far

Bucs offense:
  • love to run between the tackles. offense revolves around the power running game.
  • revert to the pass on 2nd and 3rd down after short gains running on 1st down.
  • when gaining 3+ yards on the ground on 1st down, will look to keep running on 2nd down.
  • look for play action following 1st down pick ups on successful run plays
  • Freeman loves the checkdown
  • Trick plays - reverses, wildcat, HB pass - they'll try anything.
  • Arrelious Benn is a difficult matchup for anyone - Big, strong, physical WR
  • Freeman adept at throwing the deep out routes, makes plays with his feet, good escapability, extends plays and has ability to get the ball to his receivers after a play breaks down.
  • Gang-tackling Blount is the only way to stop him effectively over 4 quarters

Bucs defense:
  • stack 8 in the box on short to medium distance run downs.
  • 2nd and long situations, they like to only rush 4. 2 deep zone, with the corners in man 2 man. LB's in zone underneath.
  • 3rd and long situations - love to put pressure on the QB
  • 3rd down in general: high-pressure, attacking, attempt to disrupt the timing any chance they get
  • problems stopping the run against an unbalanced OLine
  • over-aggressive D-Line - look to time the snap count
  • difficulty matching up with big athletic TE's
There was much discussion last year on how well Troy Smith would fare against the Tampa 2 defense. (He didn't).

Troy Smith's severe limitation about throwing short to intermediate passes to the middle of the field was exposed, and we practically predicted this.

If there was any game last year where I felt that we had lost the game even before the start because of our coaching and player set, this was the game.

Much more confident going into this game with our player skill sets, and more importantly, game preparation and coaching.
I hope since tampa is so big they aren't able to run up the gut on us. Blount had a great game last year on us.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

This. Their Run D sucks and they rely heavily on their run game.
Let's hope the Colt's beat up on them some, Colt's D-line is formidable.
Price hurt...Oh no
I'm watching this Bucs team, and my prediction is that 49ers are going to kill the Bucs, first blowout of the season.

49ers 63 - Bucs 3

Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm watching this Bucs team, and my prediction is that 49ers are going to kill the Bucs, first blowout of the season.

49ers 63 - Bucs 3

I just want some redemption for last year debacle.

49ers 63 - Bucs 3

that would be an absurd assbeating...and that would be awesome.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

49ers 63 - Bucs 3

I just want some redemption for last year debacle.

same here, we're probably not going to win by 63, but I think the Bucs are overmatched.
So now that the dust has settled on out win :) .... Was anyone else dissatisfied with our D espically that last drive? I mean Phili was driving but we had a bit of luck happen
i ain't even scurred
Share 49ersWebzone