There are 189 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Trent Cole may end up killing Alex if the oline plays like it did this week.

if Ware didnt do it, nobody can
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fly15:

If Rocky Bernard did it... I think anybody can
This is the game where Alex can get hurt if the o-line doesn't get it together!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
This game could easily end up being a 31-14 Eagles win. If we pull it out it will probably be a 17-14 or 24-17 win
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by fly15:

If Rocky Bernard did it... I think anybody can
Yeah Rocky Bernard sat on Alex stupid fatass
49-3, Eagles.
Real talk, if Gore cant get anything going... its a L.
Theres no way we can pass against...Samuels ..Rodgers-Cromartie .....and Asumugha

Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Theres no way we can pass against...Samuels ..Rodgers-Cromartie .....and Asumugha

None of them will be covering Vernon. Let us see how valuable Vernon is.
Originally posted by Joecool:

None of them will be covering Vernon. Let us see how valuable Vernon is.

I just hope Vick and Maclin are out, we would catch a huge break

You guys definetly have seen their scheme or play this season if you guys still think the Eagles defensive backfield is good. They have AMAZING talent, but little chemistry and a poor coaching scheme, those things matter a lot more in the NFL where everyone is talented.

People can't really think that we will actually beat the eagles at there house, I'm a fan but let's be real here
IMO, the best chance to beat the birds this week is to attack their LBs with Vernon and Walker over the middle, or Gore/Hunter in the passing game. See how Brandon Jacobs abused the LBs on a wheel route for a TD?
I have a hunch Vick's hand is nowhere near as bad as anyone is letting on. It just seems to me that Reid and Co. would prefer to give the league, and more specifically, their week 4 opponent, the impression that Vick wont be available - but not officially ruling him out. The mysterious positive, turned negative xray results, the downgrading of the injury from fracture to contusion, Vick grinning ear to ear looking directly at the cameras from a distance seemingly eager to show his cast to the world as he was leaving the team headquarters today, and the massive bandage on his hand - the type you rarely, if ever, seen on a player with merely a contusion. Something doesnt add up. Is it a ploy, in an attempt to get the 9ers to gameplan for a Philly team lacking Vick? Who knows? And we'll see.

I expect Vick to play Sunday, and i expect JH and the rest of the staff to prepare the defense and prepare a gameplan around Vick and doing all we can to make Vick as ineffective as possible. Have to look for the fastball and adjust to the offspeed stuff, not vice versa.
Originally posted by daWest:
I have a hunch Vick's hand is nowhere near as bad as anyone is letting on. It just seems to me that Reid and Co. would prefer to give the league, and more specifically, their week 4 opponent, the impression that Vick wont be available - but not officially ruling him out. The mysterious positive, turned negative xray results, the downgrading of the injury from fracture to contusion, Vick grinning ear to ear looking directly at the cameras from a distance seemingly eager to show his cast to the world as he was leaving the team headquarters today, and the massive bandage on his hand - the type you rarely, if ever, seen on a player with merely a contusion. Something doesnt add up. Is it a ploy, in an attempt to get the 9ers to gameplan for a Philly team lacking Vick? Who knows? And we'll see.

I expect Vick to play Sunday, and i expect JH and the rest of the staff to prepare the defense and prepare a gameplan around Vick and doing all we can to make Vick as ineffective as possible. Have to look for the fastball and adjust to the offspeed stuff, not vice versa.

I like that.

Very interesting point tho
  • THEB
  • Veteran
The xray results werent "Mysterious" by any stretch. The doctor mistook a small blood vein for a fracture. Vick has a deep bone bruise and a contusion on his hand. They arent trying to up-play his injury. It is what it is and he is day to day. If the swelling and pain goes down, then he plys. If it doesnt then he sits. Period.

Regardless, harbaugh will practice as if vick is playing.
Share 49ersWebzone