There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

What's the status of Maclin? If he's out, then we can just gameplan against Jackson and McCoy.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm kind of happy our OL, especially Chilo had a rough game the week before the Eagles game. Last year, whenever Chilo had a bad game, he's come back with a very solid output the next game.

This year, the OL has come back with a better game after a terrible game. Let's hope they hold this trend for Week 4.

Terrible game week 2. Terrible game week 3. So much for that theory.
Lol.

With the present state of the OL play, it looks to be another very long day for the offense in Philly next Sunday. Sadly.

Harbs doesn't seem to be the kind of coach who likes seeing penalties and mistakes, so I expect to see some changes. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Philly has two players in the top 5 of the NFL in sacks. Yikes. Time to spread it out and run lots of trick plays and misdirection to slow them down.
If memory serves, their DE's play very wide, 9 technique. There may be some room to run there. Draw plays might work, but you need a back who goes 0-60 in one step. Hunter, not Gore, in other words.
I believe in our defense. Can't stop the Eagles on offense, but they will hold them. The Eagles may have a good secondary, but not sure that their guys up front are all that. We must have success in running the ball in this game. Gore/Hunter backfield. Grind it out. No stupid drive killer penalty. Then take a few shots downfield. Hopefully a few good plays go our way. Squeaker, 23-21 Niners!!! Yes, I'm a homer!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm kind of happy our OL, especially Chilo had a rough game the week before the Eagles game. Last year, whenever Chilo had a bad game, he's come back with a very solid output the next game.

This year, the OL has come back with a better game after a terrible game. Let's hope they hold this trend for Week 4.

Terrible game week 2. Terrible game week 3. So much for that theory.
Lol.

With the present state of the OL play, it looks to be another very long day for the offense in Philly next Sunday. Sadly.

Harbs doesn't seem to be the kind of coach who likes seeing penalties and mistakes, so I expect to see some changes. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Philly has two players in the top 5 of the NFL in sacks. Yikes. Time to spread it out and run lots of trick plays and misdirection to slow them down.
If memory serves, their DE's play very wide, 9 technique. There may be some room to run there. Draw plays might work, but you need a back who goes 0-60 in one step. Hunter, not Gore, in other words.

This is why Philly's run defense is in the bottom half of the league. They give up big plays in the run game if you get them thinking pass and run it.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Even if it's just a deep bruise/contusion....Fangio should be able to game play in a way to limit Vick. Vick is great no doubt but he hasn't been himself lately. He looks RATTLED out there.

So much for a dream team. All that money should have gone to their o-line.

And linebackers. They have a good DL, but the rest of the front 7 (linebackers) are lacking. Philly has bad LBs, bad safeties, and a bad DC.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Even if it's just a deep bruise/contusion....Fangio should be able to game play in a way to limit Vick. Vick is great no doubt but he hasn't been himself lately. He looks RATTLED out there.

So much for a dream team. All that money should have gone to their o-line.

And linebackers. They have a good DL, but the rest of the front 7 (linebackers) are lacking. Philly has bad LBs, bad safeties, and a bad DC.

So are you implying that the 49ers can win this game?!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow!!!

49ers total offense - 32nd

Philly total offense - 6th

49ers total defense - 7th

Philly total defense - 13th

Top 10 defense
DEAD LAST OFFENSE!!!!
The niners have a chance in this game I believe. First off Vick is injured, Kafka is alright but no where nearly as explosive as Vick, our defense should be effective this game and should get some heat on kafka. Secondly they have a poor interior defense, we will have opportunities with Vernon and who ever starts at runningback. Another week in the system should only help this oline and alex, also this secondary should start gelling a little more. This game is really gonna come down to our defense and them taking claim as a true top 10 defense.
Trent Cole may end up killing Alex if the oline plays like it did this week.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Trent Cole may end up killing Alex if the oline plays like it did this week.

agreed
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Trent Cole may end up killing Alex if the oline plays like it did this week.

And more specifically, if Staley plays like he has all season so far.
i'm waiting for the..."i think this is the week harbaugh uses his TE's and opens up the playbook"
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i'm waiting for the..."i think this is the week harbaugh uses his TE's and opens up the playbook"

I think Harbaugh/Roman have been active in calling plays for Davis with the exception of the Dallas game. Had been taken away by double team. They went back to the drawing board to be more creative to get him the ball in the Cinci game. Lets see what they can come up with for the Eagles. You can be sure those throws that was made int he Cinci game won't be allowed by the Eagles.

C'mon Harbaugh. Don't care if you have to draw it up on a napkin during dinner time with the family. Just do it!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,691
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
What's the status of Maclin? If he's out, then we can just gameplan against Jackson and McCoy.


Day to day.