LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by daragon:
Is it going to be one of those things, where they won't announce if Vick is playing until an hour before kick off?

I heard his hand is doing better than expected and he's gonna play
You guys are way to confident going into this game, Eagles are going to have their ears pinned back and most likely open a can on us.

Vick will most likely quiet everyone by destroying us, we have not one once of talent or confidence that this team has wether their 1-2 or not. And their arrogant, which is something very needed in this league now in order to bounce back. These guys are desperate and we're their play-toy come Sunday afternoon/morning.

I love our guys but, I'm just hoping Alex makes it out alive, and we don't lose by 14+
if vick plays, we're gonna have at least 2 15 yarders for roughing him even though they probably wont be penalties, his whining is gonna pay off in at least 1 game of the next few games, and at home against us seems like a good spot 4 the refs
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Damn I wish our local media had balls like that.

Instead we have whiny little Lowell Cohn drivel.
Originally posted by crabman82:
if vick plays, we're gonna have at least 2 15 yarders for roughing him even though they probably wont be penalties, his whining is gonna pay off in at least 1 game of the next few games, and at home against us seems like a good spot 4 the refs

I know man. I see it too. That s**t is going to piss me off
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

hope it isnt against us, but we're not a sexy team and just see it as a perfect spot for him to get the tim duncan treatment as i call it

hope it isnt against us, but we're not a sexy team and just see it as a perfect spot for him to get the tim duncan treatment as i call it

If the league starts penalizing teams for legal hits on the QB beginning with SF vs. PHI, then that will set a precedent that said QB can cry at a press conference and that will change things.

That would be a situation I would think the NFL would want to avoid. But they're f**king idiots, so who knows.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

If the league starts penalizing teams for legal hits on the QB beginning with SF vs. PHI, then that will set a precedent that said QB can cry at a press conference and that will change things.

That would be a situation I would think the NFL would want to avoid. But they're f**king idiots, so who knows.

well i've seen brady be hit, then make some gesture to the ref like throw the flag, then the ref throws it, i think the precedent with star players is already there, whether they complain in a press conference or on the field right after, i hope we dont get screwed but i just got a wierd feeling
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
When was the last time we beat the Eagles?

It seems like it was three decades ago.

2003?

I was at this game...it was cool Derrek Smith picked off Mcnabb to seal the victory..we one like 10-3 or something like that

Originally posted by RollinDownRodeo:
You guys are way to confident going into this game, Eagles are going to have their ears pinned back and most likely open a can on us.

Yep!
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:

2003?

I was at this game...it was cool Derrek Smith picked off Mcnabb to seal the victory..we one like 10-3 or something like that

Wrong. That game was like '01. I was at the last game we won, in Philly, '03 in OT. TOs last game in a Niner uni. Broke his collarbone. Tony Parrish had a pick on the first play from scrimmage and OT.
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:

2003?

Wrong. That game was like '01. I was at the last game we won, in Philly, '03 in OT. TOs last game in a Niner uni. Broke his collarbone. Tony Parrish had a pick on the first play from scrimmage and OT.

Yeah the game Smith had the pick was in '01 - included one of our best goal line stands ever

I stand corrected 2001 was the one I attended..still a cool game
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Taken from Eagles message board...

TOP TEN Reasons Eagles won't do ish this year.

1- Vick is injury prone and is a bum, Going back to the Old Vick.
2- 3 Great CB's don't make a defense even with a strong DLine. You NEED Linebackers, at least average ones.
3- Jackson can't get open for his life, he is NOT top 10 WR in the league.
4- Offensive line is a joke, new group of players, can't get draft picks on the field
5- Juan Castillo is a joke of a Defensive Coordinator
6- Andy Reid can't adjust during a game and makes terrible decision that cost us the game
7- Take players that are good at what they do, and make them do something else they are not as good at
8- Run the only player worth a damn so far into the ground to make up for the lack of success by other players.
9- can't tackle worth a damn
10- They're the Eagles, guys. Same story every single year. It'll never change under Reid.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/623938-10-reasons-why-the-eagles-are-toast/

sounds like ninertalk

Took the words straight out of my mouth!!!
Share 49ersWebzone