There are 228 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh no we suck again
I think this is the game where Harbaugh gets creative on offense. Or at least it better be. If we can't find a way to run the ball, it's going to be a long day. One positive is that they're ranked 30th against the run.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Real talk, if Gore cant get anything going... its a L.
Theres no way we can pass against...Samuels ..Rodgers-Cromartie .....and Asumugha

You guys definetly have seen their scheme or play this season if you guys still think the Eagles defensive backfield is good. They have AMAZING talent, but little chemistry and a poor coaching scheme, those things matter a lot more in the NFL where everyone is talented.
I have seen two of their games so far and I agree, they look like crap out there, the front four are the only ones really getting the job done. Eli Manning and a rookie named Cruz I think it was torched them to the tune of over 100 yards and a couple of scores. They are not all that great, on top of that the Eagles offensive line has looked almost as bad as ours.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Oh no we suck again

Lol. Yeah, dude, its a brand new week!

Try to keep up.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I have seen two of their games so far and I agree, they look like crap out there, the front four are the only ones really getting the job done. Eli Manning and a rookie named Cruz I think it was torched them to the tune of over 100 yards and a couple of scores. They are not all that great, on top of that the Eagles offensive line has looked almost as bad as ours.
That Cruz kid looked great against the Jets in the preseason a year ago, IIRC. He's got to be the reason NY let Smith go.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
That Cruz kid looked great against the Jets in the preseason a year ago, IIRC. He's got to be the reason NY let Smith go.
He didn't look bad Sunday, still, my point is that the eagles superstar cb's don't make up for the crappy play the safeties have been putting out to date. They do not tackle well as a whole and the only part of their D that looks intimidating is the pass rush, but their aggression has cost them some long running plays surrendered. They look vulnerable to crossing and drag routes especially.
He didn't look bad Sunday, still, my point is that the eagles superstar cb's don't make up for the crappy play the safeties have been putting out to date. They do not tackle well as a whole and the only part of their D that looks intimidating is the pass rush, but their aggression has cost them some long running plays surrendered. They look vulnerable to crossing and drag routes especially.

He has serious dance skills
So, IF our OL can get it together, and if we could run the ball some, then maybe we can generate some offense? Like the Giants did against them?

I think our LBs are fast enough to catch Vick if he gets outside the pocket, and J. Smith/RayMac will give him fits in the pocket. Could be interesting.
So, IF our OL can get it together, and if we could run the ball some, then maybe we can generate some offense? Like the Giants did against them?

I think our LBs are fast enough to catch Vick if he gets outside the pocket, and J. Smith/RayMac will give him fits in the pocket. Could be interesting.

i noticed a lot of times he would hold him self up with his right hand when losing his balance....can't do that now

Yeah I am thinking Delanie and Vernon have good days against the Eagles, if the O line can keep Smith on his feet long enough.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
We gotta get turnovers, run the ball well. Make the big plays when we need them most. This game we can win, won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Hope Vick aint playing
We got this
Originally posted by valrod33:
Watch the screen pass. PLEASE watch the screen pass

i was yelling at the t.v. to please give kendall hunter at least one screen pass on sunday, never happened. i think that would be his biggest strength.
I want Vick to play and to regret suiting up. We broke a rib and punctured a lung on Romo, Vick will only be a greater accomplishment.

Id rather win, especially without the asterisk mark next to the win
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
We gotta get turnovers, run the ball well. Make the big plays when we need them most. This game we can win, won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Hope Vick aint playing

Agree. Can't wait for this Sunday
Share 49ersWebzone