LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

State of the niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have been following this site for years now but never really contributed much to the posts. So forgive me if this is.a post that is.lock worthy because I am not quite sure what qualifies a post to be locked in the first place. With that being said I would.like to get opinions from everyone on the zone about.the "state of the franchise." In past years, basically ever since we let mooch go I have never felt good about the team. If we there was reason to be optimistic I always felt uneasy about the direction of the franchise. I have never felt so good about our.future since the days Steve young was under center. Our secondary seems to ne pretty solid. Linebackers are solid and the kid Alden smith is getting a lot of praises from players and the coaching staff. Defense line seems set, and I am not the least bit concerned about losing Franklin. This has become a passing league and we Denmark to be good. Receiving corp is probably the best in the division and very respectable amongst the rest of the league. Qb is a question mark for short term, but I feel in good hands with the new kid and harbaugh mentoring him. Gore will be gore. And the o line is young and talented. Wither addition of goodwill, a veteran in the middle of if all is huge. Special teNs even seems solid. I say screw Kevin kolb and the cardinals, Pete Carroll and the seachickens, and Crawford and the lambs. WE ARE BACK!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by awkwordz:
I have been following this site for years now but never really contributed much to the posts. So forgive me if this is.a post that is.lock worthy because I am not quite sure what qualifies a post to be locked in the first place. With that being said I would.like to get opinions from everyone on the zone about.the "state of the franchise." In past years, basically ever since we let mooch go I have never felt good about the team. If we there was reason to be optimistic I always felt uneasy about the direction of the franchise. I have never felt so good about our.future since the days Steve young was under center. Our secondary seems to ne pretty solid. Linebackers are solid and the kid Alden smith is getting a lot of praises from players and the coaching staff. Defense line seems set, and I am not the least bit concerned about losing Franklin. This has become a passing league and we Denmark to be good. Receiving corp is probably the best in the division and very respectable amongst the rest of the league. Qb is a question mark for short term, but I feel in good hands with the new kid and harbaugh mentoring him. Gore will be gore. And the o line is young and talented. Wither addition of goodwill, a veteran in the middle of if all is huge. Special teNs even seems solid. I say screw Kevin kolb and the cardinals, Pete Carroll and the seachickens, and Crawford and the lambs. WE ARE BACK!

Crawford and the Lambs!!!
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 8, 2011 at 10:24 AM ]
Many of us post opinions on individual subjects every day... so to be blunt,

I feel very good about the state of our franchise right about now.

Biggest concern is pass protection for me right now.

9-7 season... then 11-5... then 11-5 and Super Bowl Ring #6.
I agree!
So far, I don't think any of us have questions Harbaugh's moves in who's playing how much time at what positions.

In Nolan/Sing years, there's always been some WTF is that dude getting more time than this dude in just about every TC.

This year, I can't say I disagree on anything yet.

Therefore, whichever player Fangio/Harbaugh start is probably the best player and we probably won't have the usual week 8 starter overhaul.
before we picked up whitner, goodwin and braylon.. I was thinking 5-11, now that we have all of them and goldson i'm thinking 8-8.

I hope reggie smith starts.. 10-6 is the best we will do, 7-9 is probably the worst.
welcome to posting

im with you, confident we will be the best team in the division for years to come, and we have the best talent in the division by far, even with an average qb. Now we have competent coaching so im sure 8-8 and above seems about right for years to come.....as long as our ol improves which it will esecially with goodwin, im pretty sure we will be scoring more and now that we have actual wrs and a little more time to pass hopefully.....i think the cards sea and the rams are all horrible against the pass and not too good vs the run so with harbaugh and a REAL oc, we will outscore our division.
There is no denying that the franchise is heading in the right direction under the Harbaugh/Baalke regime. My main concern for the 2011 campaign is the lack of a legitimate offseason. Harbaugh said recently that we are in mid-may form. Bad news when you consider that have our first pre-season in less than a week. All in all I feel good about our team personel wise.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by goodthings19:
There is no denying that the franchise is heading in the right direction under the Harbaugh/Baalke regime. My main concern for the 2011 campaign is the lack of a legitimate offseason. Harbaugh said recently that we are in mid-may form. Bad news when you consider that have our first pre-season in less than a week. All in all I feel good about our team personel wise.

Go Niners!

if we are in mid may form i'm sure the cardinals are in feb form. or other teams are at just about the same place.

no worries my friend.

For the first time in almost a decade, I feel confident coming into a season.

Go Niners!
So far, everything SOUNDS good in Niner land. The biggest victory the Niners have had so far is the signing of Harbaugh who is bringing a new energy to the players and the organization. The Niners have been smart in free agency filling some holes without breaking the bank. So far, they also haven't been hit too hard by the injury bug. I also like what I am hearing about Aldon Smith, Kaepernick and Kendall Hunter, the most important pieces of our draft class.

I am really looking forward to the first preseason game this weekend. I can't wait to see how well they perform on the field.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Welcome to NT - I feel the franchise is definately heading in the rigth direction with all the new additions, and of course, "Coach Harbaugh" should be an improvement!

But, I'm a little hesitant to get excited because whenever you get new players and a new coach, it takes time to learn the system so i think this year is going to be a learning curve for the players. I'm thinking that as long as there's no big injury bug on the team, we should get stronger as the season progresses.

I'm crossing my fingers for an 8-8 season hopefully better!

PS - Since this is one of your first posts and don't want to get it locked, proper spelling and punctuation helps and no drunk posts!
Feeling positive and upbeat about the state of the Niners. With all the new pieces, ie new Coaching staff, new schemes, new players, there will be some growing pains and everything won't go as planned - we also have a tough schedule - Ravens, Steelers

I'm feeling by midway throuh the season things are really going to start clicking and we'll be 8-8, 9-7. I don't think we are going to get blown out by anyone - when we lose - it will be close.

In 2 years, we'll be playing for trophy and bringing it back to where it belongs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by awkwordz:

Crawford and the Lambs!!!

I would eat both.
Share 49ersWebzone