LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 161 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dwy621:
One of my favorite plays of the game was when the Niners were 3rd and 1 and Adam snyder reported as a TE. He shifted back and drew an offsides penalty. Not sure if this was by design to try and get an offsides or not, but it sure seemed like it.

Designed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Joecool:
The game plan was win the games you are supposed to win, no matter how it looks

That also loses games you are supposed to win and loses all games you are not supposed to win. We've seen this game plan and it doesn't work.

Jimmy H, didn't need to pull out all his tricks for this game. The D kept them in check up till 4 mins left and i believe we would have ran out the clock but we know what happened after that.

The O-line is to blame not the play calling (could of been 21-0 instead of 9-0), if we were losing..def. more passing plays in the Red zone.

I would hardly say trying to pass 10 yards away from the endzone just once is "pulling out all the tricks". We sat on it.

I meant line formations not how many times we passed, you might want 50+ yard TD's on every throw but it's not happening.

He's trying to get this line to Gel then work from there.

Not going to gel if you don't pass the ball.
The game plan was win the games you are supposed to win, no matter how it looks

That also loses games you are supposed to win and loses all games you are not supposed to win. We've seen this game plan and it doesn't work.

Jimmy H, didn't need to pull out all his tricks for this game. The D kept them in check up till 4 mins left and i believe we would have ran out the clock but we know what happened after that.

The O-line is to blame not the play calling (could of been 21-0 instead of 9-0), if we were losing..def. more passing plays in the Red zone.

I would hardly say trying to pass 10 yards away from the endzone just once is "pulling out all the tricks". We sat on it.

I meant line formations not how many times we passed, you might want 50+ yard TD's on every throw but it's not happening.

He's trying to get this line to Gel then work from there.

Not going to gel if you don't pass the ball.

it's getting there...0 sacks this game.....did you watch the Saints and Texans preseason games?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Sucks to be in a seahawks forum.

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?26974-Official-Game-Thread-Week-1-SF-vs.-SEAHAWKS!/page52

Sucks to be in Niner talk after a loss too.

Funny though to see them talking about Favre coming out of retirement to replace Jackson
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

http://www.seahawkblue.com/showthread.php?26974-Official-Game-Thread-Week-1-SF-vs.-SEAHAWKS!/page52

Funny though to see them talking about Favre coming out of retirement to replace Jackson

yeah, some are on the Suck for Luck wagon, and some calling for Garrard.....well yea I guess it isn't much different from NT. hhaha
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Hopefully this was already said in this thread, but if not...

Haralson with 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. If Ginn was the MVP, then Haralson is the close runner up. He looked really good out there yesterday.

Yeah fo sho, did drafting Aldon light a fire under Haralson or what? He had some good games in preseason and carried it into the first game.
The issue with Haralson isn't rushing the passer, its his containment and coverage that's the problem.
I hope the colts sign favre, I'd hate to see them suck that hard for an entire season.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Hopefully this was already said in this thread, but if not...

Haralson with 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. If Ginn was the MVP, then Haralson is the close runner up. He looked really good out there yesterday.

Yeah fo sho, did drafting Aldon light a fire under Haralson or what? He had some good games in preseason and carried it into the first game.
The issue with Haralson isn't rushing the passer, its his containment and coverage that's the problem.

Hopefully the new scheme disguises those indeficiencies like other top teams do for their guys in the 3-4. Haralson is indeed not known for being the best in stopping runs or passes outside.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
This is why I said what I sad about you last night. When John Lynch even comes out and replays the play after the commercial break and sais these exact words "That was actually a good decision by Alex Smith" I know, I can watch the play unlike you apparently. Alex looked left to Vernon and Crabtree's side on what appeared to be slants. Those were not there, Alex's "FIRST" reads were not there so he had to look to the opposite side of the field, where he had Morgan covered. So he's on his second read. Here comes the pressure forcing him to slide right, with a DT in his now in his face. Crabtree is now open, but Alex is already dedicated to throwing the ball or getting sacked.

dude, that guy J. Lynch has an affair with alex or something, cause he hangs from alexs' wiwis all day long.... on the other hand NFL Net keeps saying that the problem with alex is that he cant read the defense, but then again they dont know anything about football

yeah, some are on the Suck for Luck wagon, and some calling for Garrard.....well yea I guess it isn't much different from NT. hhaha

Really hate the way these other fans forums look. Big props to Webbie for keeping ours clean and clutter free.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
How come everytime Leon had a decent runback we got penalized,but not one foul on the Ginn returns?

ahahahahahahahaha! suck it Seacock fans.

Or after a win...
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Or after a win...
This.
About to re watch this game, drink a brew, while playing some dead islan. f**k MY HW!
Another thing about the offense was that we were working with great field position in the 1st half due to turnovers or our defense stopping SEA. I'm not exactly sure the number of yards our average drive was in the first half but it wasn't much. Yet we only scored 1 TD.
Share 49ersWebzone