There are 178 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
"But but but....Alex ONLY had 124 yards!!!!! He still sucks!"

Really, bros? That's what you guys GOTTA complain about? Found SOMETHING negative so that you can still to try to be right? Or do you guys really personally HATE Alex? I just don't get it. ????????

Geez! Give it a rest and soak up the win.

You guys are crazy! Snap out of it!!! An ugly win is an ugly WIN!!!

No interceptions, no sacks, one gritty TD when we desperately needed it.

Oh, and a 90+ QB rating. Alex did his job.

Again, the truth depends on the POV.

Stop trying to look for crap. Somebody scooped it up and threw it away.

LET IT GO!!!! Enjoy our team this week. We are 1-0 tied with AZ in the West. One down, 15 more to go!

One game at a time. Next up, the Cowgirlies.
What BS call on Williams. Defenseless receiver? Really? The ball was in the receivers hands. How is he defenseless? Williams hit him with all shoulder.
the next go-round in Seattle will be interesting
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
What BS call on Williams. Defenseless receiver? Really? The ball was in the receivers hands. How is he defenseless? Williams hit him with all shoulder.

Agreed! It was should to shoulder. Plays which result in large yardage gains need to be booth reviewed!
Originally posted by ninertico:

Really, bros? That's what you guys GOTTA complain about? Found SOMETHING negative so that you can still to try to be right? Or do you guys really personally HATE Alex? I just don't get it. ????????

LET IT GO!!!! Enjoy our team this week. We are 1-0 tied with AZ in the West. One down, 15 more to go!

This. Watch those highlights and you'll see that Smith played a solid game.

The low passing yardage is due to poor RAC/YAC. VD and Gore fall down and Morgan can't break an ankle tackle.

Football is still a team sport.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ninertico:

This. Watch those highlights and you'll see that Smith played a solid game.

The low passing yardage is due to poor RAC/YAC. VD and Gore fall down and Morgan can't break an ankle tackle.

Football is still a team sport.

Im happy we won but I will not praise a mediocre at best QB effort.
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Agreed! It was should to shoulder. Plays which result in large yardage gains need to be booth reviewed!

I could see if the ball was overthrown but it was actually caught until Williams hit him.
Originally posted by susweel:

We disagree on his performance, then. Great ball placement, gutsy block to free Gore, ballsy end zone run, 75% completion percentage, no sacks (good pocket presence) and no turnovers. I'd call that a good performance, not "mediocre at best." Look at it this way: If VD, Gore or Morgan keep their feet, the yardage gets close to 200 and Smith's has a TD throw. Would you call that a good performance?

Again, you are taking this way way too personal. He's YOUR TEAM"S QB!!!!!

So, you cheer for your team, but dog it's QB?

Whatever floats your boat, man. I still don't get the animosity.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

We disagree on his performance, then. Great ball placement, gutsy block to free Gore, ballsy end zone run, 75% completion percentage, no sacks (good pocket presence) and no turnovers. I'd call that a good performance, not "mediocre at best." Look at it this way: If VD, Gore or Morgan keep their feet, the yardage gets close to 200 and Smith's has a TD throw. Would you call that a good performance?

Those are big "ifs" and changes the game.

Not really. ONE broken ankle tackle.

But see how that one act would have changed the stat line? Smith did well re: things within his control. He cannot control a WR/RB/TE failing to capitalize on a good throw.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

But see how that one act would have changed the stat line? Smith did well re: things within his control. He cannot control a WR/RB/TE failing to capitalize on a good throw.

No your just blaming them for not making a super star caliber play. Okay how about missing Crabs wide open in the endzone, and consistently dumping the ball down on third down short of the first down marker.
I think Seattle was no.2 last year at stopping the run. That's why they put a big emphasis on resigning Red Bryant and Brandon Mebane. Those f**king animals are huge in the middle. Not to mention Earl Thomas and Chancellor were just waiting at the line for Gore to run

No your just blaming them for not making a super star caliber play. Okay how about missing Crabs wide open in the endzone, and consistently dumping the ball down on third down short of the first down marker.

Not at all. Keeping your feet (VD) is not super star caliber.

Watch the highlights with an open mind today. You might see that Smith played better than you give him credit for, and that some of your perceptions are not founded in the plays of the game itself.

The team won the game and Smith did what was asked of him. I'll take it....this week.
I think Seattle was no.2 last year at stopping the run. That's why they put a big emphasis on resigning Red Bryant and Brandon Mebane. Those f**king animals are huge in the middle. Not to mention Earl Thomas and Chancellor were just waiting at the line for Gore to run

Which is why some deep balls were open and not thrown to. We didn't take much advantage of Earl Thomas' over aggressive play. Or we did but the ball wasn't thrown.
Share 49ersWebzone