LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
can i get a dallas/SF pre-gameday thread? lol...i'm fired up...cant wait for next sunday
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daWest:
can i get a dallas/SF pre-gameday thread? lol...i'm fired up...cant wait for next sunday

Yeah please!! I'm so jacked. It was. Great watching the cowboys lose.
and seattle gets the steelers in week 2....suckas
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Sep 11, 2011 at 10:07 PM ]
If the goal was to win 2 of the 3 phases of the game (offense, defense, special teams), I would say:

Offense: PUSH
Defense: WIN
Special Teams: WIN

haha earl thomas was having a pretty good game until he abandoned his lane on kick off coverage
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=310911025&period=2

The touchdown drive before the half...it says Smith had a 1 yard completeion to Gore from the 10 to the 9- yet the next play we ran from the 5, can anyone that remembers clarify those missing 4 yards?
That hit by Williams ( i believe it was) was as clean a hit as you'll ever see in that circumstance. WTF!!!?? If they're gonna be calling "helmet to helmet" those kinds of plays/calls should be reviewable. It's b******t! NICE HIT!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
That hit by Williams ( i believe it was) was as clean a hit as you'll ever see in that circumstance. WTF!!!?? If they're gonna be calling "helmet to helmet" those kinds of plays/calls should be reviewable. It's b******t! NICE HIT!!!!!!!!!!

That was a complete BS call but all I kept hearing the announcers say was "the league told the refs to call that this year."
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Hopefully this was already said in this thread, but if not...

Haralson with 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. If Ginn was the MVP, then Haralson is the close runner up. He looked really good out there yesterday.

Originally posted by okdkid:

Haralson with 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. If Ginn was the MVP, then Haralson is the close runner up. He looked really good out there yesterday.

That hit on jackson was sick
Originally posted by okdkid:

Yeah fo sho, did drafting Aldon light a fire under Haralson or what? He had some good games in preseason and carried it into the first game.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Yes. Those nasty helmet hits actually shorten the lives of players, but it is hard for the refs to tell sometimes and they tend to err on the side of caution. There should be a review, or at least a red flag.

All in all, the secondary sure played well and tough with several balls knocked out by hard contact. We haven't seen that for awhile.
A win is a win. It is always great to win your first game and to beat a division opponent, well that is double nice. Yes, it was very ugly. Yes, it looked like Jimmy Raye was calling plays. But we found a way to win unlike years past when we found a way to lose.

Offense: Look, it is going to take time. Harbaugh and the staff only had 13 practices to get an offense installed. It is just not enough time. Maybe mid-season we can run a more creative, true WCO but obviously the playbook is limited right now. I do think though we almost lost the game because Harbaugh was to conservative. The O-line still can't run block. I thought they did ok pass blocking. I thought after the 1st quarter, Alex Smith played a solid, efficient game. He made some plays with his feet and completed the ball when he was given a chance. You can already see the impact Braylon Edwards has on the offense.

Defense: As I expected, Fangio did not come out blitzing like it was being speculated. He knew he could get a pass rush with four guys against a beat up Seattle
O-Line. He sure did to. Jackson rarely had time to even try to look down the field. Ray McDonald really played well. He looks like he is ready to take on the starter roll. Justin Smith is a beast! Willis was Willis and Bowman really stood out to me as well. I also liked Carlos Rogers and Donte Whitner in the secondary. Tarrell Brown and Madiue Williams...Not so much!

Special Teams: Brad Seely was advertised as one of the best ST's coaches in the NFL when we got him and it looks like we got one.
Good win. Now we will be playing at home vs an angry Cowboys team who is pretty beat up. Should be a good game. If we can win, I can see us going 3-0.

Share 49ersWebzone