LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just a question about something that bugged me during the game...

Why wasn't Tukuafu's fumble recovery considered an interception? Didn't he catch it in the air?
need the offense to produce more points
Originally posted by dmax:
GINN

Originally posted by 190836:
Ginn is an idiot

Originally posted by susweel:
Ginn you f**king idiot.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
For Pete's sake, Ginn. N-f'ing S!

Originally posted by mkmsn0:
need hunter to be return man... ASAP

I know one persons prediction for our record this year is wrong...
Originally posted by Travisty13:

LMAO did he piss his pants?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

LMAO did he piss his pants?
You hatin'?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Oh another thing I forgot, solid job by Sopoaga at NT on running downs.
Big kudos to the OL for not giving up an easy sack.

That Williams penalty is still bugging me, it was clearly a shoulder-to-shoulder contact.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
That Williams penalty is still bugging me, it was clearly a shoulder-to-shoulder contact.

+1
Don't know if someone referred to me on p 277, when I said "O was called conservatively" ...and then I congratulated JH on his first win. It is no surprise that he called game conservatively, and he allowed alex and OL to gain some confidence. I said, or meant, that O was conservative, but it was just a comment, not a complaint. JH has to call game conservatively with this OL and will have to do so until OL can pass block AND run block. Honestly, given a choice, and JH made this choice, it was to concentrate on OL passblocking, and forget about the finer aspects of runblocking. By doing that, your qb doesn't get killed (no sacks, remember), the OL gets the hang of passblocking, and later JH schools them on runblocking. It was a considered choice, and i applaud him for it. Fans are going to have to deal with conservative for awhile as that is where JH is...conservative until OL comes along.

I was surprised to not see alex get sacked, which further proves this is not the time to "open up the play book". Without a running game due to no holes being opened, JH may have to greenlite some opening up, but not much. Isn't it amazing how well OL blocked for alex with a good HC who is also an OC and Qb coach. JH knows his priorities. If you didn't like the conservatism, then take some antacids, as this OL is not ready for "opening up the playbook" yet. It isn't alex and it isn't JH...it is the OL. Honestly, they played way better than I could have hoped, and the rachal detractors hopefully were cheered some when chilo , nor anyone else, allowed a sack. That alone is the real pearl from this game. I guessed it would take the OL some 10 games or so to learn how to passblock, but I was way wrong. One game does not make this a serviceable OL, but I can't remember a 9er OL passblocking this well since ....well, a long time ago.

This is what a real HC does. He did what was needed to win, and coaxed his OL to play better than anytime in recent memory. This substantiates my point that we haven't drafted ALL bad OL guys, they just never have been coached. And the Run blocking? give it time.

Other feature of playcalling, D, was lites out first several series, we got ahead, and all D plays (or virtually all) after that were very conservative. There I would liked to have seen a bit more gambling, but hey, they called it their way and we have our 1st 1-0 start in awhile.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Just a question about something that bugged me during the game...

Why wasn't Tukuafu's fumble recovery considered an interception? Didn't he catch it in the air?

Because Jackson never initiated his throwing motion.
First post, long-time reader, fan of this site, and life-long 49ers fan (sadly I was only born in '81). I'm surprised no is talking about Brad Seeley!!!. What was the Niners ST like last year? Seeley has a strong track record of success in this role - it's not really an argument (look it up). How did he get here? Did JH maybe have a role in that??? And who hired JH??? This organization has a recent (comparatively) history of performing and the person running the show grew up on the sidelines watching the glory. He's my age and I can only imagine how bad he wants to win. And trust me as a life-long Toronto Maple Leaf fan, over the long time 10 years of dysfunction won't seem so bad. (The Toronto Maple Leafs have not one a Stanley Cup (ice hockey's version of the Superbowl) since 1967!!!). It's obvious they are heading on the right track, last year they would have lost this game. A. Smith is just our version of a painful longer term S. DeBerg era. This to will pass and JH will eventually find HIS QB. I'm excited to see what THAT team will look like.
Share 49ersWebzone