There are 224 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
niners 34 seahawks 29.

Our revamped d, gets a lot of sacks, but can't stop the pass over the middle ( to te's rb's) Goldson gets burned hard, and finally gets benched.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6512/brandon-browner

CB Brandon Browner is expected to start opposite Marcus Trufant in the Seahawks' opener. Yikes. Browner is 6-foot-4, 27 years old and has spent four seasons in the CFL after getting tryouts with a half-dozen NFL teams. Now it appears he's ahead of Walter Thurmond III for the starting gig after Kelly Jennings was traded away. Sep 5 - 11:10 AM

I would laugh but then I remember what Mike Williams did to Nate Clements.

Then laugh that Nate Clements is no longer on the team. Or save it for when the Bengals face the Seahawks this season....

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Then laugh that Nate Clements is no longer on the team. Or save it for when the Bengals face the Seahawks this season....

Or when we play the Bengals Week 3
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Or when we play the Bengals Week 3

Do we have a Wr that can do a double move yet?

or a Qb who wouldn't throw it to early on a double move? Nate knows Alex after practicing against him, I wonder if he will be able to pick him off.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
niners 34 seahawks 29.

Our revamped d, gets a lot of sacks, but can't stop the pass over the middle ( to te's rb's) Goldson gets burned hard, and finally gets benched.

Those fools aren't scoring 29 against us!
Originally posted by cwilson830:

I'd like to believe that, but after a surprising loss to them last year, And the fact that Goldson is still on our roster..... Anything is possible.
If we knock out Jackson, who's their back up QB?
niners 34 seahawks 29.

We haven't defended TEs well for years, even with Manny. Good news for us that Carlson is out, since he is faster than Miller. I think Willis does a good gob of squishing RBs right when they catch the ball, unless he is in a deeper drop or blitzing. Last couple of years, it has seemed like everyone is waiting for Willis to make the tackle if an RB has the ball and gets past the line. I still don't think they score over 20, but I would be pumped if we turned in 34 pts on O
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
If we knock out Jackson, who's their back up QB?

Whitehurst. He hasn't done much but dink and dunk.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

sounds like bradford.........

Bradford - (confidence+success+coach's endorsement+leadership) = Whitehurst

Bradford had success in college.
  • mike
  • Veteran
I'd like to believe that, but after a surprising loss to them last year, And the fact that Goldson is still on our roster..... Anything is possible.

- Our loss to them last year was in seattle, with huge communication problems. We're facing them in the comfort of candlestick.

- Singletary was massively out-coached by carroll; who actually gameplans and uses strategy.

- Hasselbeck > alex > jackson, Hasselbeck had his health issues but always seemed to have good games against us.

- Their o-line is as bad, if not worse, than ours. While our pass rush is more threatening than their pass rush. We should have no problems blitzing them.

- Gore+hunter>>>>lynch and whoever else they have. Our rush defense may possibly be worse this year without franklin, but it's still strong enough to shut down lynch. While their rush defense was swiss cheese last year.

Of course anything can happen, but I still see no way we can lose this...Not with competent coaching that can finally get the best out of our players.
[ Edited by mike on Sep 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM ]

Bradford had success in college.

Bradford - (confidence+success in college (and improving his NFL team's record by 5 wins)+coach's endorsement+leadership) = Whitehurst
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
9ers -6, give it!!!!

Final score: 49ers-28 Seahawks-10

Let it ride Let it ride LET IT RIDE!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone