There are 204 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
f**k YOU PETE, JIM IS COMING FOR YOU
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6512/brandon-browner

CB Brandon Browner is expected to start opposite Marcus Trufant in the Seahawks' opener. Yikes. Browner is 6-foot-4, 27 years old and has spent four seasons in the CFL after getting tryouts with a half-dozen NFL teams. Now it appears he's ahead of Walter Thurmond III for the starting gig after Kelly Jennings was traded away. Sep 5 - 11:10 AM

I would laugh but then I remember what Mike Williams did to Nate Clements.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
dude, I was there. Alex had a good game (one of the few that year), and that was a perfect throw. He lofted the ball into a wide open spot that Norris would have been at if he just stayed on his route. Who the hell stops a route a few yards short of an open patch of endzone to try and backpedal to make a catch? I see nine-year-olds on the playground pulling that stuff, not pro athletes.

Alex had a good game? Are you kidding me? That game was horrible. Completed 52% of his passes, 0 TD's and 2 INT's with a 52.5 QB Rating, statistically his WORST game of the season! Then you state your 2 year old could make a better effort than Norris but you see 9 year olds doing the same thing (turning around and trying to back peddle for the catch) and your talking about "blind irrational fervor"???
If our offensive line can't pass protect we can't take advantage of the Brandon Browner situation.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If our offensive line can't pass protect we can't take advantage of the Brandon Browner situation.

Does that guy really suck that bad? lol

Our O line can Run block!
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Does that guy really suck that bad? lol

Never heard of the dude. He just has to make sure he's playing on a different size field
I'm getting a little annoyed with the NFL taking their sweet time on the Braylon Edwards ruling. Is he gonna be suspended or not? The game is in 6 days and the team needs to know.
I think Mike Harbaugh will coach a good game and that 2nd round pick Tolzien will be put in if Smith can't cut it.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I think Mike Harbaugh will coach a good game and that 2nd round pick Tolzien will be put in if Smith can't cut it.

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

We better not see anyone with their hands on their hips in this game either, especially from Aldon Smith. I mean, look how tired he looked all off-season?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners,go!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Niners 30
Peacocks 17

49ers jump to quick lead. Seahawks get a garbage TD late in the game.

Im gonna jump on this cus this sounds about right. T-Jackson is gonna be harrassed all day by our revamped D. Plus he not very good anyway. Go Niners!!!
i have no faith in this team! Going to the game expecting a loss, so a win will be sweet! Every year im overly-optimistic. Not anymore! As long as Alex smith is our qb, im not expecting much!
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
dude, I was there. Alex had a good game (one of the few that year), and that was a perfect throw. He lofted the ball into a wide open spot that Norris would have been at if he just stayed on his route. Who the hell stops a route a few yards short of an open patch of endzone to try and backpedal to make a catch? I see nine-year-olds on the playground pulling that stuff, not pro athletes.

Alex had a good game? Are you kidding me? That game was horrible. Completed 52% of his passes, 0 TD's and 2 INT's with a 52.5 QB Rating, statistically his WORST game of the season! Then you state your 2 year old could make a better effort than Norris but you see 9 year olds doing the same thing (turning around and trying to back peddle for the catch) and your talking about "blind irrational fervor"???

I'm not invested on either side of the Alex debate (I haven't seen any consitency from him yet, but I want the Niners to win, so I hope he succeeds), but that game was a great example of what happens when people look at nothing but the stats. Alex threw easy TDs to Vernon and Crabtree that would have won the game if they didn't drop them (Crab pulled a Brandon Lloyd). D-Love was interfered with horribly (no call) in the endzone, and still could have/should have caught the pass. If those passes, or even half of them, were not dropped, his rating would be dramatically improved, and would better reflect how well he played that game. And then we get to the Norris play. The two year old thing was obvious hyperbole, but I have seen 9 year olds pull that exact move, since I used to coach pee-wee football before I moving to coaching high school. You have to tell little kids all the time not to stop, turn around, and reach for the ball when it is in the air. Eventually, they learn that by continuing to run they end up where the ball was thrown. I guess Moran missed that practice.

edit: I think I was thinking of the game in DEC 09, where Alex threw for 310, and should have had a few more TDs. If the Norris debacle was Alex's week one game against the Hawks last year, when Alex to crabtree was the prize-winning INT recipe, then that was def not a good game, but the INTs to Crab still made the stats uglier than they should have been. My bad on getting the games confused
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Sep 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone