LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would just like our first complete pass to come before 14 minutes into the first quarter.
Over, but who knows! If this week's practice improves blitz pickups and Gore plays more than a couple downs they should be over easily. If not they will need help from the ST and D.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
after last week's display, i'm gonna say under.

agreed.
Three scoring drives in one quarter? Sorry to dogpile, but that is so unlikely that you'd probably see a three legged horse win the Kentucky Derby first. The Niners are not a big play offense, and three drives would take a lot of time off the clock. That doesn't even count the possessions by the Raiders, and pretty much assumes the Niners get the ball first on offense.

I'll take the under on 10, and the under on 7. Maybe a field goal against the Raiders first team defense. The Raiders' defense is not bad. They finished 11th in the NFL last year.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Under.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Three scoring drives in one quarter? Sorry to dogpile, but that is so unlikely that you'd probably see a three legged horse win the Kentucky Derby first. The Niners are not a big play offense, and three drives would take a lot of time off the clock. That doesn't even count the possessions by the Raiders, and pretty much assumes the Niners get the ball first on offense.

I'll take the under on 10, and the under on 7. Maybe a field goal against the Raiders first team defense. The Raiders' defense is not bad. They finished 11th in the NFL last year.

What's the name of the horse? Threebiscuit?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What's the name of the horse? Threebiscuit?
No. It's Hoppy.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
14 pts. Gore TD and VD catches one.
Many of the starters have only had 10 practices or have not played at all, so I'd say under 10.
The players don't give a crap who they are playing in preseason but it would really help the fans if they smoked the Raiders. Of course the Raiders are going to come out hitting hard and show everyone hodw bad they are. We just need to come back at them twice as hard instead of acting like prima donnas.

One thing I'd like to see is that the starters play a few more series, maybe even the whole 1st half. Practice is great and it looks like coach is doing the right things there but game time is invaluable. Starters, esp. on O need more playing time in game situations to get timing down and become more of a cohesive unit. Injuries may prevent this from happening but I sure think it could help us out.
1 qtr... 3pts. It's preseason. They are trying to see what the offense and its players can do, not what they can do to the defense of the other team.
I predict that the 1st Team offense won't score again because 1 week is not enough to get our guys game legs back, everyone up to game speed, develop OL chemistry, QB / WR chemistry and get everyone on the same page. I also predict a bigger meltdown on this board among others if the Niners lose this meaningless game to the Raiders. I predict thread titles such as these below from the less knowledgeable part of our fan base 2 minutes after the game ends:

Baalke is mor0n, Stupid Mklown is not our QB. Why didn't we get Palmer?
This is why I wanted Hasselbeck
Trade Mays for Josh Johnson
Harbaugh doesn't know what he doin cuz he don't know coach NFL
Fire Harbaugh, Hire Schottenheimer
Harbaugh same as Singletary
WHY ARE WE NOT OPENING UP THE OFFENSE!!!!!!!
Move Patrick Willis to RT?
Move Joe Staley to RG, Boone to LT
FO DOESN"T WNAT TO WIN!!!!
Trade Gore and our 1st round pick for *insert declining late 30's QB*
This team is worse than last year !$#!%
Under...because Harbaugh will pull them after a scoring drive, unless it takes less than 2 minutes.

I'm just hoping to see QB pressures reduced significantly and sacks eliminated.
I doubt anyone who knows anything about football really cares about W's in the preseason. I wanna see team chemistry, accurate throws and all around sound execution by our first teams against their first teams. that is all.
Share 49ersWebzone