LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
What's the name of the horse? Threebiscuit?
No. It's Hoppy.

how about tripod?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I doubt anyone who knows anything about football really cares about W's in the preseason. I wanna see team chemistry, accurate throws and all around sound execution by our first teams against their first teams. that is all.

i want to see total domination. :)
Originally posted by Hollywood:
I predict that the 1st Team offense won't score again because 1 week is not enough to get our guys game legs back, everyone up to game speed, develop OL chemistry, QB / WR chemistry and get everyone on the same page. I also predict a bigger meltdown on this board among others if the Niners lose this meaningless game to the Raiders. I predict thread titles such as these below from the less knowledgeable part of our fan base 2 minutes after the game ends:

Baalke is mor0n, Stupid Mklown is not our QB. Why didn't we get Palmer?
This is why I wanted Hasselbeck
Trade Mays for Josh Johnson
Harbaugh doesn't know what he doin cuz he don't know coach NFL
Fire Harbaugh, Hire Schottenheimer
Harbaugh same as Singletary
WHY ARE WE NOT OPENING UP THE OFFENSE!!!!!!!
Move Patrick Willis to RT?
Move Joe Staley to RG, Boone to LT
FO DOESN"T WNAT TO WIN!!!!
Trade Gore and our 1st round pick for *insert declining late 30's QB*
This team is worse than last year !$#!%

Right f**king on.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I doubt anyone who knows anything about football really cares about W's in the preseason. I wanna see team chemistry, accurate throws and all around sound execution by our first teams against their first teams. that is all.

this. i don't really care if we win but i want to see us look like a team.
i just want our first team offense to score 1 TD, thats all i need to see.
I want to see the Raida's run away screaming in horror and A. Davis proclaims the Niners as the best team in history.

Or, just a nice improvement over last week so people will relax a bit and enjoy the game. This looks like a team that won't be totally ready for several games into the season. The restrictions on practice time are a lot worse than what I thought and the Niners are more effected by this than anyone.

The Raiders should dominate. Bad for them if they don't.
I remember that year smith came out against the raiders at home, had like a sack a check down and an incompletion.. and the fans started booing. Then he threw that pick, levelled that raiders dude and injured himself.

Anyways back to the present. I would love to see in this game, alex connect on his first 3 pases, and look poised. I'd love to see us blitz a few times, and I want to watch the Db's.

More important than offense, i want to see our defense against the raiders rushing attack. A lot of people think without franklin, and with ray mac on the field that we will suck against the run.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Smith and Kap should get all the snaps against the raiders. Really no point in playing those other scrubs.

Smith first half and kap second half
Originally posted by susweel:
Smith and Kap should get all the snaps against the raiders. Really no point in playing those other scrubs.

Smith first half and kap second half

This; they're the only 2 QBs on the squad worth a damn when/if s**t hits the fan; gotta get all that experience in.
Haven't heard much response on this but is the 49er tailgate going on? Maybe being a preseason game there won't be many people out (although I did see people tailgate during the Fan Fest).

Originally posted by susweel:
Smith and Kap should get all the snaps against the raiders. Really no point in playing those other scrubs. Smith first half and kap second half

I agree
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Over/Under 10pts?

I say they come out hungry and get a TD and 2 FG's. So over for me

With Mrs. Smith at QB? Raiders score two TDs. Alice throws two picks. Harbaugh's head explodes.
I think the better question is how much points do we score for the other team....QB sack for fumble, recovered for a TD, Smith overthrows and is INT, run back for a TD, Smith throws high, tips off WR hands into the air, INT, runback for a TD....and how much times it happens is up to Harbaugh, until he put Kaep in......and all will be OK.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Id say under. Hopefully we pick blitzes up and nothing else regresses but I don't see us scoring much.
I'm hoping for improved blitz pick-up leading to a TD or two. Honestly, scoring TDs isn't as important right now as maintaining drives. Lets see an Edwards slant for 8 on 3rd and 6. And Gore up the middle for 6 on 3rd and 3. Maybe a bubble screen to Ginn and let him break it.

In other words, when we get to 3rd down I want some confidence that we will get the first down as opposed to just 'setting up for the punt'.

If I see that, then I'd be satisfied.
Share 49ersWebzone