There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Originally posted by Howlett:
I hope 49ers don't lose to Raiders! Niners looked pretty bad against Saints. I just don't want to hear my Raider fan buddies if we lose. I like it when they say, "it's just pre-season", thats why we lost.

Yeah but when they win it's "oh we killed you ese! Raiders for life carnal!"


Need to see improvement - a LOT of improvement - with the offensive line. I'd like to see Aldon Smith get in there with the 1s.
Hoping to see a lot of experimentation/re-structuring of the line. I wanna see Snyder back at RG, and Staley at RT.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hoping to see a lot of experimentation/re-structuring of the line. I wanna see Snyder back at RG, and Staley at RT.

I agree. Staley is a piece of s**t.
  • Mike_
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10
If we get manhandled against them too... this place is going to get even more miserable quickly.
  • Mike_
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I agree. Staley is a piece of s**t.
Nah, he had like one bad play then got his s**t together before getting off the field.
Originally posted by Mike_:
If we get manhandled against them too... this place is going to get even more miserable quickly.

Were gonna definitely do better next week.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Hoping to see a lot of experimentation/re-structuring of the line. I wanna see Snyder back at RG, and Staley at RT.

i agree, whos your LT though? i'd be in the minority of putting davis over there, he struggles clearly at RT, but i think he'd struggle less at LT for some reason
I think our guys are going to be much better, Ive been an amateur boxer for a long time and i think not only were they learning a new system but they also had what we would call "ring rust". They hadnt been out there in so long and adding to the learning curve of Harbaugh's new offense took its toll. They will be fine as the weeks go by. You only get better by repetition, rinse and repeat. I am real excited for the start of the season, I actually think Alex is going to do fine. It actually would be kinda weird now if everyone Wasnt blasting him. I think he is used to it otherwise he would have just went elsewhere.
Originally posted by Mike_:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I agree. Staley is a piece of s**t.
Nah, he had like one bad play then got his s**t together before getting off the field.

Not really. Smith got repeatedly hit from the blind side.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I think our guys are going to be much better, Ive been an amateur boxer for a long time and i think not only were they learning a new system but they also had what we would call "ring rust". They hadnt been out there in so long and adding to the learning curve of Harbaugh's new offense took its toll. They will be fine as the weeks go by. You only get better by repetition, rinse and repeat. I am real excited for the start of the season, I actually think Alex is going to do fine. It actually would be kinda weird now if everyone Wasnt blasting him. I think he is used to it otherwise he would have just went elsewhere.

because hes a natural LT? Isnt that what he played in college?
I believe one of the biggest things that has f**ked us over thus far was not having our annual 49ers/Raiders live 'TC' scrimmage which we usually hold a couple of days before our first preseason game. (Scrimmaging with another team really fine tunes our o-line, no matter how s**tty we come out for the preseason.)
any word on the QB rotation yet?

And one more thing...

3 more days!!!!!
[ Edited by SJniner7 on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
any word on the QB rotation yet?

And one more thing...

3 more days!!!!!

I would venture to guess:

Alex - 4 drives
Kaepernick - 5 to 7 drives
Masoli/McBLT - remaining snaps
I'll be there. screaming my ass off. f**k oakland