There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco Just re-watched the game. No doubt in my mind FB Bruce Miller makes the 49ers. Moran Norris in for a fight to earn roster spot.
the improvement in one week is the biggest takeaway for me. The entire team rebounded, and that's awesome. We looked lost last week and this week we dominated.

And I'm very impressed with pretty much our entire draft class this year. When our 4th and 5th round guys look like they will be contributors immediately, or at least in the near future, you know your GM is doing his homework.
The Raiders always make the Niners look good. Can't take much away from this.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Raiders always make the Niners look good. Can't take much away from this.

Pessimism...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco Just re-watched the game. No doubt in my mind FB Bruce Miller makes the 49ers. Moran Norris in for a fight to earn roster spot.

Yay!
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Quote:

Yay!

Miller looks like he could be a decent pass catching threat out of the backfield
Quote:

Yay!

Hopefully no more Norris.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
My impressions:

1. The Niners don't look like anything to get excited about. They still LOOK below average. In spite of some would have us believe, the Raiders are a very poor team.

2. The team takes its cue from the play at QB. The team made a big mistake by not severing ties with Alex Smith. Coach killer. Has the aura of a loser. That's on Baalke; he should not have let Harbaugh convince him otherwise. Five Million!? The Niners obviously don't understand the concept of value. Move on!

3. CK. What the heck! Either he's slow at processing plays, or the coaches suck at game planning. Those two back-to-back sacks out of the shotgun. Those were terrible. Especially after New Orleans, you'd expect that they'd have installed the quick outlet. He saw the blitz coming, instead of dancing he needed the quick read. Obviously not ready. Has a good arm though. And accurate. He's not awed by the game.

4. Hunter's for real. Dixon should be the fourth RB on the depth chart.

5. WR Long is a gamer. So is K. Williams. I hope that they both make the squad.

6. Reuland is good.

7. Kilgore should get a shot at starting.

8. Is Goodwin the real deal?

9. Jury's still out on the coaching; next week should give a more accurate read.

Originally posted by susweel:
Quote:

Yay!

Hopefully no more Norris.

the best thing about Norris possibly being gone is that it leaves open a spot for a Dobbs or Williams, or some other fringe-player who otherwise would get cut and possibly put on the PS. I would much rather hold onto promising developmental players than an old one-trick FB.
Anyone read the Harbaugh Q&A on the main page? He talked about the INT. Loved what he had to say. They talked about it and it is correctable and they will work on it in practice. When was the last time we heard that from a coach.
Originally posted by njniner499:
central monmouth county
I used to live in East Brunswick... Ever golf at Hominy Hill or Howell/?

I know this is way off topic...
I have never said ONE positive word about Alex since Ive joined the webzone...he played a great game last night...looked worlds better than last week...just a few mistakes...but overall played a good game, made good decisions, happy feet were gone, passes were on target, hope to see him continue to play like this!
It was very encouraging to see they made the necessary adjustments from the first game. I thought the offensive playcalling was very well mixed, aside from the calls in the goal to go situations in the first half.

All and all a very good showing.
Jersey shore in the house!
what happened to the thread started last night about the violence at Candlestick started by raider fans? get erased? Some fan got beaten Unconscious in the bathroom too.