There are 178 users in the forums

Did we upgrade the secondary?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
To me, the better question is, "Did we add a difference-maker?" The answer is no.

That is the difference between us, and the rest of the NFC West division this year. Each team added difference-makers. We didn't.

While I agree that the 9ers did not add any difference makers on D, they did bring in some heady players who may develop into a better unit. Edwards has a chance to be a difference maker on offense but it's too early to tell. If you hate Smith you probably think it doesn't matter who the WRs are, but if Smith shines in Harbaugh's system then the WRs will likely look good (can't look much worse than last year!).

As far as the rest of the west goes, they all have their own issues and new coaching staffs...so who knows?

I think Braylon could be a difference maker but at the same time there was a reason the Jets chose Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress over him and it wasn't about character either.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
MadDog is Rob Schneider?
Yup the pencil neck who made sure everybody knew they weren't good enough. There's really a couple parallels I could pull out of it but who cares.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
MadDog is Rob Schneider?
Yup the pencil neck who made sure everybody knew they weren't good enough. There's really a couple parallels I could pull out of it but who cares.

The Madster, the Dogman, that Madalodadogalaya, Making Copies . . . of his draft preview
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
To me, the better question is, "Did we add a difference-maker?" The answer is no.

That is the difference between us, and the rest of the NFC West division this year. Each team added difference-makers. We didn't.

While I agree that the 9ers did not add any difference makers on D, they did bring in some heady players who may develop into a better unit. Edwards has a chance to be a difference maker on offense but it's too early to tell. If you hate Smith you probably think it doesn't matter who the WRs are, but if Smith shines in Harbaugh's system then the WRs will likely look good (can't look much worse than last year!).

As far as the rest of the west goes, they all have their own issues and new coaching staffs...so who knows?

I think Braylon could be a difference maker but at the same time there was a reason the Jets chose Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress over him and it wasn't about character either.
the jets are idiots to choose a 34 yr old wr who was in prison for a 28 yr old who had a good season on a team thats not gonna pass tons. the jets always just wanna go and make big news when trying to go after nnamdi when cb wasnt their problem and by signing the most talked about wr this summer since he was in jail. they took a stap backwards on offense by losing edwards and cotchery.
i want to see the rookie CB Chris Culliver, i believe they are going to start him.
Share 49ersWebzone