LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

the eating crow for FA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by YungAce:
clements/lewis one

just as much excitement but we just have to wait and see how it turns out

That wasn't nearly as good if you ask me.

i think we signed banta-cain as well, but from what i remember, the zone went wild
Originally posted by aman49:
Niner Talk is killing me...

From "worst" to "best" free agency in team history in just TWO days.

Like I said in a previous post, we went from tanking the season to playoff or bust just like that
Way to man up, that's more than I can say for 90% of the other posters in here who've been complaining and will somehow turn this thread into how Baalke is still wrong and all of these signings are awful in one way or another.
I guess my Sky is falling thread that was locked last week will serve notice that I do not have a need to eat this miserable dish. The rest of you knee jerkers enjoy.

Have fun Crabtree.
It's a little dry and chewy, but I'm eatin'!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I want to see MadDog i here, But he probably will never eat crow.

The omniscient do not eat crow.

There's nothing omniscient about Syber, so hopefully he will eat some crow.
taste like chicken
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I want to see MadDog i here, But he probably will never eat crow.

The omniscient do not eat crow.

There's nothing omniscient about Syber, so hopefully he will eat some crow.

syber will suck you off before he eats crow!

#BALEEEEED DAT
What a difference a week makes.

Happy that we at least addressed areas of key concerns, but I'm not sure we have substantially upgraded anything.

Braylon, assuming he doesn't cause other problems and/or is eligible to play when we need him, (beginning of the year when Crabs may not be playing or may be rusty) is a definite upgrade. But we are still just assuming he's even available when we need him.

Almost every other position is more or less a push. A slight upgrade/downgrade, but for the most part comparable talent to the replacement.

Plus all these one year contracts have me very concerned about what any of it will mean going forward. Obviously, we are unlikely to compete for a SB this year, we will, at best, have a shot at being over .500 and maybe winning a crappy division.

Then next year we will lose or have to overpay to keep many of the players who got us there.

I'm way happier than I was last time this week, but given how much other teams in our division have actually upgraded talent, I'm still pretty unsure that we have kept pace.

We aren't worse off, which it looked like we would be last week, but we still haven't really improved as much as maintained.

If we make the playoffs I'll come on here and eat a family of crows and admit everything I was wrong about! I guess I'm hyped with the moves this team made this week!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So I guess all this talk about "we wont be active in FA" was part of the plan to under promise and over deliver.

In corporate speak that is "managing your expectations"......
me too man I just hope the lack of knowledge of playbooks won't hurt much.
Originally posted by verb1der:

don't get me started Verbage
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by verb1der:

don't get me started Verbage

Share 49ersWebzone