There are 224 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Did he really respond by saying "because they're scared of us"?!?!

Yep.lol
Originally posted by jgalvan:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
We need to give Jim time to see our people before going out and signing free agents here and there.

Give Jim time! Dam I want him to sign all these players but it makes sense to see what we have first and next year make the moves.

doesn't explain his idiotic comment. leave that stupid s**t to the Ryans.

I do agree with you. I really hope that Jed was joking.

Maybe he's got a CB's mentality...instant amnesia.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

The overreaction and hyperbole is amazing.

I dont know why everyone is overreacting. That interview didnt change my perception of Jed one way or the other.

If it wasn't amazing, it wouldn't be NT.
So, did he say anything else of interest?
It was clear in the interview even Jed had trouble believing his own bull.

Originally posted by cwilson830:
So, did he say anything else of interest?

They talked about Alex and why he's given him a 7th year when fans don't want him back. Said it was Harbaugh choose to bring him back and that Alex is good player.

[ Edited by fakers23 on Aug 3, 2011 at 11:59:42 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

I am not joking. I just about threw my computer against the wall.

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

The broadcasters are very skeptical.

The answer is simple. He really believes that Harbaugh is the 2nd coming of Walsh. If you take that into account, everything he says seems reasonable.

He is delusional, and a moron. And this guy has the keys to the franchise. We might as well be the Bengals, because he is right in Mike Brown's league.

Mad, you knew he screwd up when he claimed the teams out west made moves because thier scared of us. Then he was like. Oh s**t I better say some thing else. ha ha ha!

It was a stupid answer but it was funny.

Maybe he was trying to smooth the interview because Damon was really on him.

Come on guys, all I say is let's give them a year or 2 to see what we have. I still think we can kick the seachickens & birds ass, rams will be a little harder.

Let's go Niners!

The OP should change the title of this thread.

Some thing like...

OFFICIAL: HATE JED YORK? POST HERE!

or

JED YORK SUCKS, THE THREAD
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

The answer is simple. He really believes that Harbaugh is the 2nd coming of Walsh. If you take that into account, everything he says seems reasonable.

He is delusional, and a moron. And this guy has the keys to the franchise. We might as well be the Bengals, because he is right in Mike Brown's league.

Mad, you knew he screwd up when he claimed the teams out west made moves because thier scared of us. Then he was like. Oh s**t I better say some thing else. ha ha ha!

For those who were unable to listen: The painful silence across the radiowaves after his "scared" comment was spectacular. It is like nobody knew what to say to something that ridiculous. Jed, realizing the stupidity of his comment, then began to scramble. Just embarrassing. It just shows that he is not serious about this team being a contender.

I honestly believes that he thinks Niners fans are so stupid that getting Harbaugh alone eliminates any need to spend money and pick up players to better our roster. That Niners fans are so giddy over Harbaugh that we can trot out a roster of undrafted free agents and we will be thrilled.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 3, 2011 at 12:02:38 ]
Originally posted by susweel:

It was a stupid answer but it was funny.

Maybe he was trying to smooth the interview because Damon was really on him.

Come on guys, all I say is let's give them a year or 2 to see what we have. I still think we can kick the seachickens & birds ass, rams will be a little harder.

Let's go Niners!

Damon was speaking for most fans. I thought Damon asked questions that most 49er fans wanted to know.

He is saying that Mums told him to cut the budget by 40% or she would take the team back. LA stadium is free, can't overlook that. Denied that he was seduced by Singletary's "deep voice", said he thought the team could run up the middle with god's help. Players signing elsewhere after meeting the York family, but that is just a coincidence. He plans to go down on the field like Jerry Jones to help the coaches during games. The Yorks have adopted dozens of babies in order to ensure York ownership for decades to come.
Well, we did go 4-2 against division opponents didn't we? Had a winning record against them at least.

Not at all. It is a usual thing here.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
The OP should change the title of this thread.

Some thing like...

OFFICIAL: HATE JED YORK? POST HERE!

or

JED YORK SUCKS, THE THREAD

Ugh... This isn't about hate. Nobody put a gun to Jed head and said make foolish comments. He did that all by himself.
I'd imagine that Jed's comment was made tongue in cheek, although I admit I didn't hear the interview.

If it wasn't, he's completely delusional.

If it was, he's still pretty tone deaf. This is a rightfully pissed off fan base, and flippant comments like that are only going to further piss people off.
Share 49ersWebzone