There are 131 users in the forums

Jed York on KNBR now

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Well, we did go 4-2 against division opponents didn't we? Had a winning record against them at least.

And were the pre-FA favorites to win the division.
It wasn't a smart comment. We couldn't win a division where 7-9 made the playoffs.

He should have just said something like, the season is still a ways from starting and that we like our core and there will be some acquisitions along the way. Those teams have been together with the same coaching and are building in terms of personnel from those years together.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

I am not joking. I just about threw my computer against the wall.

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

The broadcasters are very skeptical.

The answer is simple. He really believes that Harbaugh is the 2nd coming of Walsh. If you take that into account, everything he says seems reasonable.

He is delusional, and a moron. And this guy has the keys to the franchise. We might as well be the Bengals, because he is right in Mike Brown's league.

Mad, you knew he screwd up when he claimed the teams out west made moves because thier scared of us. Then he was like. Oh s**t I better say some thing else. ha ha ha!

For those who were unable to listen: The painful silence across the radiowaves after his "scared" comment was spectacular. It is like nobody knew what to say to something that ridiculous. Jed, realizing the stupidity of his comment, then began to scramble. Just embarrassing. It just shows that he is not serious about this team being a contender.

I honestly believes that he thinks Niners fans are so stupid that getting Harbaugh alone eliminates any need to spend money and pick up players to better our roster. That Niners fans are so giddy over Harbaugh that we can trot out a roster of undrafted free agents and we will be thrilled.

He's either lying through his teeth trying to keep funding for the stadium... or...
Like I said... HE really believes that Harbaugh is that rare kind of coach that can come into a losing team and completely turn it around in a couple years like Walsh did.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Jed just made the stupidest comment of all time. When asked why the other teams in the division have made dramatic moves to improve the roster, while the Niners have been relatively silent, his answer was..."because they are scared of us."

I am not joking. I just about threw my computer against the wall.

Jed, sell the team. You are a joke and a liar. I believe I am more angry as a Niners' fan than ever. You have to be a moron to buy that argument.

The broadcasters are very skeptical.

The answer is simple. He really believes that Harbaugh is the 2nd coming of Walsh. If you take that into account, everything he says seems reasonable.

He is delusional, and a moron. And this guy has the keys to the franchise. We might as well be the Bengals, because he is right in Mike Brown's league.

Mad, you knew he screwd up when he claimed the teams out west made moves because thier scared of us. Then he was like. Oh s**t I better say some thing else. ha ha ha!

For those who were unable to listen: The painful silence across the radiowaves after his "scared" comment was spectacular. It is like nobody knew what to say to something that ridiculous. Jed, realizing the stupidity of his comment, then began to scramble. Just embarrassing. It just shows that he is not serious about this team being a contender.

I honestly believes that he thinks Niners fans are so stupid that getting Harbaugh alone eliminates any need to spend money and pick up players to better our roster. That Niners fans are so giddy over Harbaugh that we can trot out a roster of undrafted free agents and we will be thrilled.

Exactly! Like I said before, Harbaugh may be a great coach but he's not a miracle worker. This team is devoid of talent at the most important positions on the field; at QB, pass protection, pass rush, and pass defense.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'd imagine that Jed's comment was made tongue in cheek, although I admit I didn't hear the interview.

If it wasn't, he's completely delusional.

If it was, he's still pretty tone deaf. This is a rightfully pissed off fan base, and flippant comments like that are only going to further piss people off.

He was trying to quickly change his tune after saying it. He said it. Thier was silence for a minute. The radio hosts called him on it. Then he said something else.
Haven't you guys ever listened to NFL owners before? They all sound rediculous. Only a few really make sense and they don't give interviews. Al Davis use to be a great owner, but have you heard him lately? Jerry Jones? Egos-are-us!

As for being scared of the 9ers, why not? Being worried would have been a better choice of words, but he really believes in Harbaugh and believes the improvement from Singletary to JH will account for three or four more wins.

If the 9ers pick up a decent center and WR they will be equal to or better than the rest of the west. But that all presumes Smith will blossom as a QB and without that happening it will be another so so year...more interesting than in the past but not better.
I think I could do his job better than him.
Originally posted by yoshi:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

The overreaction and hyperbole is amazing.

Not at all. It is a usual thing here.

how can the appropriate reaction be an overreaction???

In 2003 if someone said we would not make the playoffs again the rest of the decade....was that an overreaction?
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
The OP should change the title of this thread.

Some thing like...

OFFICIAL: HATE JED YORK? POST HERE!

or

JED YORK SUCKS, THE THREAD

Ugh... This isn't about hate. Nobody put a gun to Jed head and said make foolish comments. He did that all by himself.

Aw, really? I kind of liked that first one...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Well, we did go 4-2 against division opponents didn't we? Had a winning record against them at least.

9-3 the last 2 yrs...but in all seriousness JED, they aint scared of us, they trying to win

Originally posted by Joecool:
It wasn't a smart comment. We couldn't win a division where 7-9 made the playoffs.

He should have just said something like, the season is still a ways from starting and that we like our core and there will be some acquisitions along the way. Those teams have been together with the same coaching and are building in terms of personnel from those years together.

So you're saying he should have replaced the BS with more BS?
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I think I could do his job better than him.

Please buy the team...today.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Joecool:

So you're saying he should have replaced the BS with more BS?

dumb BS with semi true BS.
And yet I get flamed every time I suggest we get new owners. Do you honestly think someone like Phil Anschutz would be a step DOWN from this clown?
is there a link yet from knbr.com or 49ers.com? can someone post it as soon as they find it? Couldn't find one... work has some sites blocked...
Share 49ersWebzone