LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 335 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He can't finish the play. Always seems to be in a good position, but doesn't come up with the ball. Good fluid hips for quick maneuverability, yet won't totally commit on the tackle or catch. Has difficulty with combo schemes. Looks like he can play the run well, just inconsistent psychically at the POA.

Seems faster than Clements in recovering, but lacks his intensity on the run tackle. Clements was good in open space tackling on run plays.

I guess the positive skew on this is that Rogers is better at coverage and recovery. Sure, he may not get the INT, but he does defend the pass better. It's our run D on the edge that could run into problems if Carlos doesn't man up better.

What ya think? Am I off on his analysis? Still, better than NO FA CB, IMO. We do need a vet presence outside of Spencer and Brown.

No?
Originally posted by ninertico:
He can't finish the play. Always seems to be in a good position, but doesn't come up with the ball. Good fluid hips for quick maneuverability, yet won't totally commit on the tackle or catch. Has difficulty with combo schemes. Looks like he can play the run well, just inconsistent psychically at the POA.

Seems faster than Clements in recovering, but lacks his intensity on the run tackle. Clements was good in open space tackling on run plays.

I guess the positive skew on this is that Rogers is better at coverage and recovery. Sure, he may not get the INT, but he does defend the pass better. It's our run D on the edge that could run into problems if Carlos doesn't man up better.

What ya think? Am I off on his analysis? Still, better than NO FA CB, IMO. We do need a vet presence outside of Spencer and Brown.

No?

Great analysis, Tico! It doesn't belong on the zone....
I love the way all the hacks say we are eyeing this guy and that guy....Then we sign no-one....or we are used like the black void of the NFL....oh no you dont wanna go to San Fran.......they are in bbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaadddd....shape.....they have several years of rebuilding ahead of them...yada...yada......

Just have direction......please...but most of all...bring players that want to play.....who cares what their name is......a strong argument can be made that conditioning was not a priority for players that are hurt.......come on guys....did you think the lockout was going to go on forever?.............Think again..............Now its time to earn your money!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

No?

Oh, oh...sorry.

JED YORK SUCKS! Trent Baalke SUCKS!!! Harbaugh only sucks a lil. Gore's a loser!!! We let our BEST players get away, all of our Starters!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH...... THE SEASON is OVER!!! Screw it!!

I'm watchin' Bass frickin' masters with my Rashaun Woods jersey. "Screw you guys!! I'm goin' home!"

I'm watchin' Bass frickin' masters with my Rashaun Woods jersey. "Screw you guys!! I'm goin' home!"

No?

Spot On.

Detroit and Carolina are interested in him as well.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

No?

Oh, oh...sorry.

JED YORK SUCKS! Trent Baalke SUCKS!!! Harbaugh only sucks a lil. Gore's a loser!!! We let our BEST players get away, all of our Starters!!!!

No?

Don't forget, Clements was always biting on fakes and getting beat deep. Before we get too nostalgic about the good old days.
I don't see why anybody is mad if we overpay this dude. We need a corner and we still have a lot of money to spend.

No?

good post tico

No?

Oh, oh...sorry.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 1, 2011 at 11:30:28 ]
^ LOL is that really Woods?

No?

Oh, oh...sorry.

Tico, always good for a chuckle.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
^ No one we can add at this point will be expected to have a career explosion, but if they did suddenly improve with such a change of scenery, they wouldn't be the first of CBs to do so.

But much like Cromartie, if they are looking for a 8 mil per year type of contract, then just forget it. Rather see SF just develop the slop we have rather than bend over for an average and aging CB.

True but no way can either guy be looking for that much money. I would have taken Cromartie simply b/c the guy is much much more talented. And you need talent to win. Rodgers solid addition potential upgrade, but folks are overrating him b/c he's all that's left. It's really ironic b/c he's almost a mirror image of Nate. I'd take him in a heartbeat though, I just hope folks expectations aren't super high.

One of my longtime best friend is a hardcore skins fan. I get to see and hear week in and week out about them. I know about Rogers and not overating him becuase he is all thats left. He is NOT a mirror image of Nate. Nate gets tore up on pump fakes and double moves. Rodgers does not posses that lack of skill. Matter of fact Cromartie is not that much better than Rodgers. I will be willing to put that on the table. Cromartie is scared to death to tackle. WTF you think he is going to do when Steven Jackson and Marshawn Lynch are turning up the field heading towards him? I would take Rogers for a 2-3 year deal and find a young corner next year VIA draft or FA.

I watch every skins game unfortunately b/c i live hear and your friend isn't being honest. This guy falls for double moves all the time. It's a reason why he's been benched numerous times over his career. solid tackler and good vs the run. sounds like Nate to me. Check this out

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/carlos_rogers_says_he_wants_aposa_new_start_apos_elsewhere/2184972

Disgruntled cornerback Carlos Rogers said he has animosity toward the Redskins for many things. High on Rogers's list is how his benching last season was handled. Philadelphia wide receiver DeSean Jackson beat Rogers on a double-move for a 57-yard touchdown in Washington's Week 7 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. And then in a Week 10 victory over the Denver Broncos, Rogers struggled again against a double-move. On the Broncos' first possession, wide receiver Brandon Marshall burned Rogers with a double-move for a 40-yard score. Redskins coaches instantly benched Rogers for the remainder of the game in favor of fellow veteran corner Fred Smoot. Smoot started the following week in a loss to the Dallas Cowboys, but Rogers regained his position with the first-team and started every game last season except against the Cowboys.

As far as Cromartie goes I would take his coverage skills everyday over rodgers. Now his tackling is piss poor.

[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 1, 2011 at 12:02:04 ]
We need to ink this man.
Share 49ersWebzone