LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DCNinerFan:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
I live in DC and have watched Carlos Rogers since he came into the league. He's not the answer, they're better off playing the young corners to get them experience.

did you see our corners in every highlight getting burned last year. rogers is better then any cb we have(with the exception of maybe spencer who would start beside him). just cause ur from dc doesnt mean your our east coast scout, i've watched plenty skins games and rogers is a legit corner. great 1st post

I guess the point you failed to grasp was that since he's not an improvement at the CB position we're better off keeping the money and playing the young guys. The season doesn't appear to be headed in a Super Bowl winning direction with or w/o Carlos Rogers.

that is an ignorant statement, he IS a BIG improvement at the cb position. did you watch any niner games last year???? the nfc west added some stud wrs and a good and decent qb. we will get SMOKED all year if we leave the cb position as is right now. do i plan on going to the super bowl? no. we do need to improve the position though, and he would do that. ps there is a salary floor in the new cba, with your attitude we will never reach it. you must be a york fan
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I live in DC and have watched Carlos Rogers since he came into the league. He's not the answer, they're better off playing the young corners to get them experience.

did you see our corners in every highlight getting burned last year. rogers is better then any cb we have(with the exception of maybe spencer who would start beside him). just cause ur from dc doesnt mean your our east coast scout, i've watched plenty skins games and rogers is a legit corner. great 1st post

I guess the point you failed to grasp was that since he's not an improvement at the CB position we're better off keeping the money and playing the young guys. The season doesn't appear to be headed in a Super Bowl winning direction with or w/o Carlos Rogers.

So what your saying is T. Brown, Adams, or Culliver is a better CB than him? Who plays opposite of Spencer that is going to be better than Rogers?

Currently, no they are not. At the end of this season with consistent play I think at least one of them could be.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
We have to get another CB. What happens if someone is injured? More than one injury? Then it's 1999 again.

1999? You must not remember 2005. Remember players like Bruce Thorton, Ben Emanuel, B.J. Tucker, and Willie Middlebrooks brought in.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
We have to get another CB. What happens if someone is injured? More than one injury? Then it's 1999 again.

1999? You must not remember 2005. Remember players like Bruce Thorton, Ben Emanuel, B.J. Tucker, and Willie Middlebrooks brought in.

I remember once, Bruce Thornton shut down Marvin Harrison in a game, lulz.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Aug 1, 2011 at 10:27:14 ]

Oh yeah that too. It's just that 1999 is still so clear in my mind because with us scrambing in the middle of the season to find a CB, any CB to please play for us because we had no one. 2004 and 05 I don't even want to remember.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Yeah but the Colts played a bad game altogether vs us. Our Defense played really well (even Derek Smith picked off Peyton Manning) but unfortunatly Alex Smith started his first game that day and played worse.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

So what your saying is T. Brown, Adams, or Culliver is a better CB than him? Who plays opposite of Spencer that is going to be better than Rogers?

Currently, no they are not. At the end of this season with consistent play I think at least one of them could be.

Nah... T. Brown has never shown enough to warrant your faith, Adams is a very remote possibility for a break out and Culliver is a project who should be playing safety, and still you should have another corner for depth.

Haha I remember that! it was also Alex Smith's first ever game where he threw 4 INTs...lulz

Yeah but the Colts played a bad game altogether vs us. Our Defense played really well (even Derek Smith picked off Peyton Manning) but unfortunatly Alex Smith started his first game that day and played worse.

I know the Colts played a bad game, and i'm not saying that Thorton was good, i'm just sayin' lol.
Carlos Rodgers is a starting corner, I've seen him play enough to know that he would be a starter on most teams. But def #1 corner on this team.

that is an ignorant statement, he IS a BIG improvement at the cb position. did you watch any niner games last year???? the nfc west added some stud wrs and a good and decent qb. we will get SMOKED all year if we leave the cb position as is right now. do i plan on going to the super bowl? no. we do need to improve the position though, and he would do that. ps there is a salary floor in the new cba, with your attitude we will never reach it. you must be a york fan

Clearly, you watch a different Redskins team than I do. He was consistently picked on, and beaten last year. By your logic we should just go sign whoever just to hit the CBA floor, which by the way they don't have to hit this year.

I watched every Niner game last year and saw the horrendous corner play, but signing another teams horrible corner will give you a replay of what happened a year ago. Why do that when you have guys on the team, either they step up or your get rid of them by drafting better players the following year. You confuse my disdain for Carlos Rogers, no one is saying not to get a CB, just get a better one!

As for my like for ownership, I have none. I thought Trent was a bad selection for GM because of the fact that he came out of that horrible Redskin front office that drafted Carlos Rogers, that alone should have DQ'd him.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Haha I remember that! it was also Alex Smith's first ever game where he threw 4 INTs...lulz

Carlos rodgers sucks he was good 3 years ago, now he sucks

I do remember that game as well.

Hey, maybe it is just coaching. I mean, these guys are athletes so maybe it will just come down to coaching.

Heck, look at the Patriots. They routinely have s**t for WR yet those guys still make plays. Now I know they have Brady throwing the ball but a lot of it has to do with the game plan.

I guess the best we can hope for is that Harbaugh can coach these guys up to an 8 - 8 record cause that is the best I can see us doing.

I believe it was 5 interceptions actually, lol.
Bruce Thornton picked of a pass to Harrison in the end zone.
Share 49ersWebzone