LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by hofer36:
rogers to me is a bigger priority than goldson..corners who can cover like he can much hard to find than hardhitting safety with good range..

Sign Rogers and franchise Goldson.
Originally posted by susweel:
rogers to me is a bigger priority than goldson..corners who can cover like he can much hard to find than hardhitting safety with good range..

boom + cut Williams
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lock up all the DB's.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

boom + cut Williams

+1
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
CB Carlos Rogers wants to be back, and 49ers tell him they want him back -- at the right price. He wants it done before free agency.

Cruz raped him in the first half but Rogers was really good in the 2nd, i hope he comes back

I would like him back but I wouldnt over pay. Cruz ate his lunch in the first half and it wasnt even close.

And Cruz got shut down in the 2nd half, when it mattered most.

I dont think rogers covered cruz alot in the 2nd half

and

to be honest, our pass rush kicked ass in the 2nd half, which helped the secondary.

Rogers would be good at a deal with 4mill a year. Nothing more.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN
CB Carlos Rogers wants to be back, and 49ers tell him they want him back -- at the right price. He wants it done before free agency.

Cruz raped him in the first half but Rogers was really good in the 2nd, i hope he comes back

I would like him back but I wouldnt over pay. Cruz ate his lunch in the first half and it wasnt even close.

And Cruz got shut down in the 2nd half, when it mattered most.

I dont think rogers covered cruz alot in the 2nd half

and

to be honest, our pass rush kicked ass in the 2nd half, which helped the secondary.

Rogers would be good at a deal with 4mill a year. Nothing more.

Culliver had Cruz for some plays in the 2nd half but it was still mostly Rogers
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

boom + cut Williams

+1

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

boom + cut Williams

+1

+ infinity
Eric Branch Also In San Francisco 49ers
#49ers free agent Carlos Rogers on if he'd take a "hometown discount" to stay in SF: "Hometown discount? I would take a team discount ... Just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the GM to everybody that's in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain't about me coming out and saying, 'Now I'm free, let's get the check.' I'm thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

equal priority IMO. goldson isn't just a hard hitter. he plays the ball very well.

sounds to me like rogers will be coming back at a little bit of a discount
#49ers free agent Carlos Rogers on if he'd take a "hometown discount" to stay in SF: "Hometown discount? I would take a team discount ... Just consider the team first. I definitely will. Like I told them, I like this from the owner to the GM to everybody that's in this organization. I like everything about this organization – all the players, the trainers. This ain't about me coming out and saying, 'Now I'm free, let's get the check.' I'm thinking about this team, and this is where I want to be.

I like it. This kind of thinking gets deals done.

This is all good in new regimes but this thinking eventually disapates when that same regime must cut the same player when he becomes "too old" or good value just before his downslide.

As for Rogers not covering Cruz...dude had him covered very tight in that first half but it's not easy covering a guy like Cruz without help. The key that showed how good he did cover Cruz is that Cruz barely got any YAC, which is what he is really deadly at.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I like it. This kind of thinking gets deals done.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Resigning Rogers before the franchise tags are due would be HUGE.

It would guarantee that Rogers and Goldson are both back. That is massive.

I'm more optimistic than ever we'll get him done.

And as a side note: I love our front office. Being very upfront with our FAs letting them know our value on them and what we can reasonably spend before they break this offseason. That says alot.
Share 49ersWebzone