There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers


Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:


I got to say, if that was Spencer or Clement, who knows what would happen?

They would either get beat or do the same thing and drop the ball.
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:


thats not a catch
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Also been getting more interested in Philip Buchanon... who I think is still available. Not a world beater, but I think he could be a good one to add to the mix.

Another just barely average corner. He actually took some time from Rodgers last year b/c Rodgers got benched for getting torched. Rodgers took his spot back after Buchanon got torched. Good for depth and a decent addition. But at best he's a nickel or 4th corner.

Rodgers would have much better value though.
ok fine you guys convinced I'm cool with Carlos Rogers... ok Baalke you have my permission to bring him in now.
^ No one we can add at this point will be expected to have a career explosion, but if they did suddenly improve with such a change of scenery, they wouldn't be the first of CBs to do so.

But much like Cromartie, if they are looking for a 8 mil per year type of contract, then just forget it. Rather see SF just develop the slop we have rather than bend over for an average and aging CB.
for people who dont know who he is



he is a great man to man cover guy he shadows well not elite strength but has good speed

however his worst quality is that he cant catch a cold so dont expect much if any int from him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
for people who dont know who he is



he is a great man to man cover guy he shadows well not elite strength but has good speed

however his worst quality is that he cant catch a cold so dont expect much if any int from him

Hey, if he can cover, I don't give a f**k about INTs
rogers is alright
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
for people who dont know who he is



he is a great man to man cover guy he shadows well not elite strength but has good speed

however his worst quality is that he cant catch a cold so dont expect much if any int from him

Hey, if he can cover, I don't give a f**k about INTs

exactly, most dbs have crappy hands anyway thast why they are dbs not wrs. rogers is an upgrade to what we got at cb right now thats 4 sure
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Also been getting more interested in Philip Buchanon... who I think is still available. Not a world beater, but I think he could be a good one to add to the mix.

Another just barely average corner. He actually took some time from Rodgers last year b/c Rodgers got benched for getting torched. Rodgers took his spot back after Buchanon got torched. Good for depth and a decent addition. But at best he's a nickel or 4th corner.

Rodgers would have much better value though.

was reading a little bit on buchanon and the jets dont know if he signed there....if he didnt maybe gore could lure his old college teammate?
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,980
I'll take C. Rogers at a decent price. Living in the DC area, I've seen most of the skins games. He can cover and tackle, he just has the worst hands in the entire world.
I am sitting here hysterically laughing at all these people saying Rogers sucks. He is one of the few corners I said I liked coming into Free Agency. The guy has great man to man cover skills, he can also tackle well, but he can not pick a pass off to save his life (thats something I can live with). If he can hold a WR that long and bye an extra second or two to make the QB stand back there and our hopeful pass rush can get there is what I am game for. People say he sucks because he was not a "highlight" corner in Washington. You know Walt Harris was not as well. I am very content if we get Rogers. I am happy with him splitting ends with Spencer on the other sides. I am more comfortable with him than I was with Nate.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I am sitting here hysterically laughing at all these people saying Rogers sucks. He is one of the few corners I said I liked coming into Free Agency. The guy has great man to man cover skills, he can also tackle well, but he can not pick a pass off to save his life (thats something I can live with). If he can hold a WR that long and bye an extra second or two to make the QB stand back there and our hopeful pass rush can get there is what I am game for. People say he sucks because he was not a "highlight" corner in Washington. You know Walt Harris was not as well. I am very content if we get Rogers. I am happy with him splitting ends with Spencer on the other sides. I am more comfortable with him than I was with Nate.

thank you, someone with some sense. every1 saying rogers sucks, rogers has no hands. he is a HUGE upgrade to what we are working with now at cb, and i would be happy if we signed him. i guess every1 else would rather us do nothing and get burned by fitz rice and sims walker 2wice a year
Originally posted by oldman9er:
^ No one we can add at this point will be expected to have a career explosion, but if they did suddenly improve with such a change of scenery, they wouldn't be the first of CBs to do so.

But much like Cromartie, if they are looking for a 8 mil per year type of contract, then just forget it. Rather see SF just develop the slop we have rather than bend over for an average and aging CB.

True but no way can either guy be looking for that much money. I would have taken Cromartie simply b/c the guy is much much more talented. And you need talent to win. Rodgers solid addition potential upgrade, but folks are overrating him b/c he's all that's left. It's really ironic b/c he's almost a mirror image of Nate. I'd take him in a heartbeat though, I just hope folks expectations aren't super high.