LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 206 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Slash49:
Last time we signed a vet CB from Redskins it worked out just fine for us....just sayin

This is the only UFA CB I really want.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He sucks

But you feel better with Tarell Brown covering Sidney Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, etc...

People forget that we assigned Tarell Brown to cover Reggie Wayne and he did a hell of a job. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I feel perfectly fine with him and Spencer as our starting CB's. Short of trading for someone, there are no clear "upgrades" available right now.
Originally posted by baltien:
He sucks

But you feel better with Tarell Brown covering Sidney Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, etc...

People forget that we assigned Tarell Brown to cover Reggie Wayne and he did a hell of a job. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I feel perfectly fine with him and Spencer as our starting CB's. Short of trading for someone, there are no clear "upgrades" available right now.

That was the game Nates didn't start right? He played NB.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
He sucks

Right. Brown pretty much had Wayne locked up the whole game. IIRC, his only TD came just before the half because Nate bit a play action pass.
He sucks

Right. Brown pretty much had Wayne locked up the whole game. IIRC, his only TD came just before the half because Nate bit a play action pass.

Okay, but if we have Spencer & Brown starting, who will play Nickel?
Phillip Adams?
Chris Culliver?

Only FA corner left that I could remotely smile about.

I am glad that we didn't bother with Cromartie. If the Jets had to pay him 8 mil a year to play for them, I can only imagine how much more we would have paid.
He sucks

Okay, but if we have Spencer & Brown starting, who will play Nickel?
Phillip Adams?
Chris Culliver?

Good question. If I were Baalke, I'd still go after a corner for depth/competition. We'd probably will have to trade for a decent one because there are no good FA's left.
Carlos Rodgers is a good corner, for the most part he's better than Deangelo Hall who is better than Nate Clements... so yeah, you do the math.
mattbarrows Matt Barrows
The 49ers have shown interest in Redskins FA cornerback Carlos Rogers, one of the few quality FA CBs left, source w/ knowledge says.

We get Rogers, all is forgiven.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
The 49ers have shown interest in Redskins FA cornerback Carlos Rogers, one of the few quality FA CBs left, source w/ knowledge says.

And a true Center...
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Wow this is a surprise ....
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

this

he was one of the quality Cbs on my list
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

Sorry man, all will not be forgiven. To me, he's in the third tier (or less) of CBs available.
Also been getting more interested in Philip Buchanon... who I think is still available. Not a world beater, but I think he could be a good one to add to the mix.
Share 49ersWebzone