There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where do we go from here , Armchair GM's wanted

So , It is official , 10 yrs of losing has affected our ability to land free agents and retain our own ( which is the biggest disapointment ) but where do we go from here. I think we need to be smart about our approach. I would list in order of importance the follow moves:

1. Get Olin Kurtz , Losing Bass was a blow , he was a young aggressive center with real talent and he was our draft pick. Kurtz will bring toughness and smarts to the position and will bring stability to a young line. He can also mentor the young center from Stanford who I think has real talent even though he went undrafted.

2. CB this is self explanatory , the niners over played thier hand going after Namdi they should have recognized they were not going to get him and pursued Jonathan Joseph only 26 yrs old I believe. Now we need to find a stop gap. I believe the niners will go with a Carlos rogers type or watch the wire for released players , I think Cromartie has the most talent but he is a KNuckle head who would want more money than he is worth and I don't think he LOVES the game enogh. Asante Samuel would be a great trade but you couldn't give up more than a 3rd rounder for him.

3. WR I like two options here, the first is get a kid like Malcom Floyd or James Jones both young with good size and can play, have always liked thier game with SD and GB. They cost us nothing but money as a free agent OR Trade for Steve Smith from Carolina , tough as nails an incredible competitor just flat ou plays his ASS off . Love him ! ( I also think the kid Johnson out of USC our 6th rounder is going to be special , something about this kid. He wants it and loves football . Also in the WC system certain types of players can excel see Jerry Rice !

Let me know your moves you arm chair GM's . Remember guys it aint how you start , it is how you finish. I refuse to be beaten in July, I think Harabaugh can manage this deal, may take a season but guess what I will watch every game as I always do for the last 33 yrs ( and I am only 41 ) but this season I have hope that this staff gets it ! Go NINERS
Kreutz is ticked off that the Bears won't go above 4 mil. Offer him 2 years at 5 mil per. If he still won't come out west, then we roll with a battle between Snyder, Wragge, and Beeler.

Sign Carlos Rogers fast... he is the last decent CB, and not interested in trading for one.

Sign Malcom Floyd, if the demand is reasonable. If not, fu*k it... we roll with what we got. Rojo looking good... maybe he comes outta nowhere to take Crabtree's job.

Re-sign Manny Lawson today.

Offer Gore 3 years, 5 mil per... option on 3rd yr... take it or leave it.

Sign Noel Devine just for the hell of it.

Sign Le'Ron McClain and dump Norris.
When I see some evidence that our FA's or other teams FA's want to come here I might post something.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Kreutz is ticked off that the Bears won't go above 4 mil. Offer him 2 years at 5 mil per. If he still won't come out west, then we roll with a battle between Snyder, Wragge, and Beeler.

Sign Carlos Rogers fast... he is the last decent CB, and not interested in trading for one.

Sign Malcom Floyd, if the demand is reasonable. If not, fu*k it... we roll with what we got. Rojo looking good... maybe he comes outta nowhere to take Crabtree's job.

I like this - not bad at all.
we go to 4-12
Plug in a role player here and there but concentrate on developing young players.
Just let the suckage continue.
It's dis-heartening to watch teams like the Jets, and Eagles stacking the roster with special talent; while we wallow in our own filth...it's just sad...I know! lets get T.O for one side, and Moss on the other???? why not? we could watch the two of them battle for D-bag of the year!!!!seriously though...this year is going to suck, unless harbaugh is just that GREAT, to where he can make a true team of what we have in place...honestly though, it is not looking good folks..."we are ready to go with or without Frank Gore" wtf??????

[ Edited by MertonHanksneck on Jul 31, 2011 at 10:46:31 ]
What about Braylon Edwards?Are the jets releasing him
We need to sign a starting C, CB, and WR as of now. Depth at DL is a must and a #3 QB.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Sign Carlos Rogers fast... he is the last decent CB, and not interested in trading for one. replace with Cromartie

this because we have extra money now. Make it so we can easily cut ties next year if he isn't the same old frank.

sign kreutz

sign carlos rodgers

trace a 3rd and 5th for asante

resign lawson

resign goldson (not too happy about this but our safties are just )
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
When I see some evidence that our FA's or other teams FA's want to come here I might post something.

Yeah no kidding. This has been the least impressive off-season since 2004 when we dumped half of our starters.
Niners still have 50 Million left in cap space (which they don't have to spend of course; under their complex situation amongst the new CBA guidelines).

But f**kin' a, if they don't at least sign Kruetz they're asking to lose in 2011, the botched snaps in camp are only the beginning, and lest we not mention how fragile Adam Snyder is (cannot survive a 16 game stretch if his life depended upon it).
We're fine.

We have 5 all stars to make us competitive plus an all star coaching cast:

Alex Smith
P Willy
VD
Justin Smith
David Akers

We just need one more experienced veteran productive WR, and CB and we good to go.