There are 219 users in the forums

Welcome Back, Larry Grant!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
lol
Grant should be a help on SP Teams , but I really want to see our CB's being upgraded.
Sorry. We already had Ted Ginn for that. I was just kidding about the schemes and the tattoo parlors. I've never been to Ohio, but I know Cincinnati and Columbus are ways apart. I didn't know how far. It was meant to be lighthearted. I don't think it's a big deal that they brought him back. That's all I'm saying.
nm

[ Edited by ebayniner on Jul 31, 2011 at 05:44:39 ]
This guy's big enough to be converted to DT lol.
We wanted to stash Larry Grant on the practice squad a couple years back before the Rams scooped him up. Supposedly he is a very good special teams player so that's a plus. He has some starting experience with the Rams so perhaps he could be in the mix at TED. Bowman has not earned that spot yet.
Just more competition next to Willis. McKillip, Bowman, and now Grant. Sure, why not.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Just more competition next to Willis. McKillip, Bowman, and now Grant. Sure, why not.

Put them all together and you get a starter!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
They need to spend some money. I hope they give hime a $3 million signing bonus

I dont think they have money
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A ghost from the past has rejoined the team, Larry Grant, formerly a 7th rounder by the Niners a few years ago. The Niners poached their divisional rvials, the Rams, of Grant, who supposedly will compete for an ILB position on the team.

Grant played at Ohio State, and after being draft, and then released by the Niners, started as a rookie at outside linebacker for the Rams.

Grant is a terrific special teams player, and this may get him a spot on the 53 man roster. We will have to see.

Here was the story on Rotoworld:
49ers agreed to terms with LB Larry Grant, formerly of the Rams.
A seventh-round pick of the 49ers in 2008, Grant ended up in St. Louis where he struggled in both pass and run defense the past three seasons. A natural 3-4 inside linebacker, he should be used almost exclusively on special teams if he cracks the 49ers' 53-man roster.

Larry Grant Signs with the Niners

Rotoworld has it wrong.

Grant was signed off the Niners' practice squad. He wasn't released.

That was my error. He was grabbed from the PS. Thanks.

90 player limit for training camp. It doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look/see.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

90 player limit for training camp. It doesn't hurt to bring him in for a look/see.

Word is that he's a better fit for a 3-4 TED backer, than he is for the role he played in St. Louis, which was the starting right outside linebacker. They wanted to bring him back too, initially, and had tendered him a contract but rescinded it after the lockout.

If he was able to be a starter for the Rams and play OK, and is apparently a better fit at TED -- where we really don't have a fit (Bowman is not a fit there) -- he stands a good chance of earning that spot and making the team.

I hope he does well.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Word is that he's a better fit for a 3-4 TED backer, than he is for the role he played in St. Louis, which was the starting right outside linebacker. They wanted to bring him back too, initially, and had tendered him a contract but rescinded it after the lockout.

If he was able to be a starter for the Rams and play OK, and is apparently a better fit at TED -- where we really don't have a fit (Bowman is not a fit there) -- he stands a good chance of earning that spot and making the team.

I hope he does well.

if On the Clock likes it--I do too!
Yeah. Local boy.
YES! Welcome back!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone