There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone think Josh Morgan can breakout this year?

Watch Balke sign him to an extension mid season.
I was a believer of this til the signing of edwards! Crabs healthy edwards and morgan will be great targetz for alex or colin! Throw in vernon and delaney and there is no reason to fail wit the 3 n outs all game! This will open our running lanes for gore to tear it up! No excuse for alex now! Im rootin for em! Colin as well he is a very gifted and talented player!
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by frankie:
I was a believer of this til the signing of edwards! Crabs healthy edwards and morgan will be great targetz for alex or colin! Throw in vernon and delaney and there is no reason to fail wit the 3 n outs all game! This will open our running lanes for gore to tear it up! No excuse for alex now! Im rootin for em! Colin as well he is a very gifted and talented player!
Will Josh Morgan breakout? No and here's why.

He wants the ball but he's slowwwww and has average hands. He doesn't get decent seperation from Def backs. The starters will be Crabtree and Edwards. Morgan will be in on 3-wide but I dont know how much he'll do. I think Vernon has his best year.
Originally posted by frankie:
I was a believer of this til the signing of edwards! Crabs healthy edwards and morgan will be great targetz for alex or colin! Throw in vernon and delaney and there is no reason to fail wit the 3 n outs all game! This will open our running lanes for gore to tear it up! No excuse for alex now! Im rootin for em! Colin as well he is a very gifted and talented player!

Couldn't of said it any better. I'm pumped!
Won't have many opportunities.
If by "break out" you mean cut, absolutly.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by sacniner:
That is why he was there so late in the draft.

THIS.

It's funny to people constantly bagging on Morgan for "only" being a #2 or #3 receiver when we got him in the 6th round.

Scratch that, not funny, actually kinda sad when you consider that we have "future pro-bowler" drafted in the 6th or 7th every single year who in reality never ends up playing a snap for us.

Josh Morgan is a drafting success story. B!tching about how he's not a pro-bowler is stupid.

Thank you. If you look at the guys numbers, he was one of the better #2 receivers last year. Some folks just aren't happy without something to b***h about.
Originally posted by SanFranMan:
Originally posted by frankie:
I was a believer of this til the signing of edwards! Crabs healthy edwards and morgan will be great targetz for alex or colin! Throw in vernon and delaney and there is no reason to fail wit the 3 n outs all game! This will open our running lanes for gore to tear it up! No excuse for alex now! Im rootin for em! Colin as well he is a very gifted and talented player!

Couldn't of said it any better. I'm pumped!

Same here and good bye to the bland ya know what we are doing offense! Harbaugh time!
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Watch Balke sign him to an extension mid season.

I would resign him to a 4 year deal, give him 1 mill a year
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Watch Balke sign him to an extension mid season.

I would resign him to a 4 year deal, give him 1 mill a year

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Watch Balke sign him to an extension mid season.

I would resign him to a 4 year deal, give him 1 mill a year


?

he has been a better asset then Crabs who is making a lot more money, he works hard and is pretty reliable.
When I watched terrell owens in his first pre-season, i called it amongst my friends and said he would be really good. I did the same thing with Morgan. end of the day, its all a crapshoot guessing game but for my 2 cents, if it was going to happen for him, it would have happened already. It would not have gotten to the point of, 'will morgan have a breakout season this year'...more often then not, if you've got it, you wouldv'e showed it by now. Along those lines, I also feel crabtree will be looked back upon as a bust.

The whole, I developed into a superstar 3-4 years after i debuted storyline is not one that happens much if at all....
Mike Wilson, not Cedric Wilson, seems to be a better analogy for Morgan. Morgan is a physical guy, strong blocker, but without breakaway speed or killer moves. Seems like he would be well-served to learn the slot routes, competing for PT at that position with TE/WR Delanie Walker and WR Ronald Johnson in the Harbaugh offense.

I don't see Crabtree being with the club, once his contract expires. He shows every sign that he just doesn't want to be here, and is just biding his time, until his agent can execute an escape to the Cowboys or wherever. Edwards is on a 1-year contract, and also not likely to be a long-term guy in SF. Morgan is a loyal, dedicated, and talented soldier, who will be here, long after Crabtree and Edwards are gone. The club will need to draft more talent at the WR position over the next year or two, but Morgan can be an important and consistent factor during the WR turnover, that is surely coming in 2012 and 2013.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Mike Wilson, not Cedric Wilson, seems to be a better analogy for Morgan. Morgan is a physical guy, strong blocker, but without breakaway speed or killer moves. Seems like he would be well-served to learn the slot routes, competing for PT at that position with TE/WR Delanie Walker and WR Ronald Johnson in the Harbaugh offense.

I don't see Crabtree being with the club, once his contract expires. He shows every sign that he just doesn't want to be here, and is just biding his time, until his agent can execute an escape to the Cowboys or wherever. Edwards is on a 1-year contract, and also not likely to be a long-term guy in SF. Morgan is a loyal, dedicated, and talented soldier, who will be here, long after Crabtree and Edwards are gone. The club will need to draft more talent at the WR position over the next year or two, but Morgan can be an important and consistent factor during the WR turnover, that is surely coming in 2012 and 2013.

Braylon is playing for a contract extension,so if he plays well best believe he will be here for another 3-5 yrs