There are 184 users in the forums

Kaepernick should see time with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
We need to sign another QB.

asap

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
So Kaepernick is the only QB under contract until Aug. 4th? I guess that means he should see time with the 2nd team, 3rd team, and 4th team too huh?

Don't forget masoli

Wildcat at best. He is being looked at as RB. There is a loophole-if the niners sign an UDFA-he can take some snaps, but that is it unless the niners trade for a QB like Carson Palmer.
only players that were under contract are suppoed to be allowed to practice.

Any new signings to my understanding arent allowed to workout on the field. They can watch and take notes, stuff like that.
I thought that was the plan from the get go, a qb competition would mean all the qbs should get time throwing to the starters, it wouldn't be fair otherwise.
  • nick
  • Veteran
I honestly think Kap has a legitimate chance at starting. From all of the training thus far it seems that he is learning this offense quickly. I can't wait to seem him in the preseason as opposed to Smith.
I hope the NFLPA recertifies quickly, but until then the silver lining is that at least Kap gets a lot of practice.

If the NFLPA doesn't recertify soon, I'm sure we'll pick up a camp body at QB and let Masoli take snaps too.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
only players that were under contract are suppoed to be allowed to practice.

Any new signings to my understanding arent allowed to workout on the field. They can watch and take notes, stuff like that.

No-Carson Palmer is technically under contract, so others like him can start practicing right away if they are traded for. If he was cut and then signed then you would be right. UDFA are like the drafted (aka Kaep), they can practice right away.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
So Kaepernick is the only QB under contract until Aug. 4th? I guess that means he should see time with the 2nd team, 3rd team, and 4th team too huh?

Don't forget masoli

niners are converting him to RB

He can still throw passes to the 3rd and 4th stringers
  • fly15
  • Veteran
"We want Kap"
Originally posted by fly15:
"We want Kap"

QB: Captain Kap
HC: Captain Comeback

Me like the coincidence.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49erscamp

49ers begin camp with 1 QB, another on the way

By ANTONIO GONZALEZ, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 6 minutes ago

tweet3EmailPrintSANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—Colin Kaepernick(notes) was adamant about competing for the starting quarterback role in training camp, surmising that the San Francisco 49ers didn’t draft him to be a spectator.

Good news for the rookie: He doesn’t figure to be much of an observer.

The former Nevada standout will be the only quarterback on the roster when the Niners hit the practice field for the first time under new coach Jim Harbaugh on Friday, taking all the snaps until presumed starter Alex Smith and other free agents are allowed to join the team next week.

The quarterback issue figures to dominate Harbaugh’s first training camp— and will likely define his first season—with the 49ers, who hired him away from Stanford in January to replace the ousted Mike Singletary.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-49erscamp

49ers begin camp with 1 QB, another on the way

By ANTONIO GONZALEZ, AP Sports Writer
1 hour, 6 minutes ago

tweet3EmailPrintSANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—Colin Kaepernick(notes) was adamant about competing for the starting quarterback role in training camp, surmising that the San Francisco 49ers didn’t draft him to be a spectator.

Good news for the rookie: He doesn’t figure to be much of an observer.

The former Nevada standout will be the only quarterback on the roster when the Niners hit the practice field for the first time under new coach Jim Harbaugh on Friday, taking all the snaps until presumed starter Alex Smith and other free agents are allowed to join the team next week.

The quarterback issue figures to dominate Harbaugh’s first training camp— and will likely define his first season—with the 49ers, who hired him away from Stanford in January to replace the ousted Mike Singletary.

So lets say Kap wins this QB competition, do you think he lasts all season as starteR? or does he falter and Alex steps in?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
So lets say Kap wins this QB competition, do you think he lasts all season as starteR? or does he falter and Alex steps in?

Never could happen! Kap is the truth, and is even better than Nate Davis!
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Never could happen! Kap is the truth, and is even better than Nate Davis!

lol.
Share 49ersWebzone