LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Kaepernick should see time with first team offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice. The rookie needs the work.

Kiss your job goodbye Smitty boy.
It is only going to set the 49ers back that much further with Smith not coming in till the 4th. No way is Kaepernick going to be the starter unless Smith gets hurt. If Kaepernick does start this year, god help us.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NolanNonsense:
It is only going to set the 49ers back that much further with Smith not coming in till the 4th. No way is Kaepernick going to be the starter unless Smith gets hurt. If Kaepernick does start this year, god help us.

Yah like we are so much better with Smith starting.
Originally posted by susweel:

Smith plays safe, Kap might throw a lot of rookie INTs (not that smith wont have his share)
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Smith plays safe, Kap might throw a lot of rookie INTs (not that smith wont have his share)

I'd rather take a few INTs with an occasional big play rather then a few INTs with a bunch of check downs.

You have to believe though that Smith is going to be more effective than Kaepernick would be just from the experience level.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I'd rather take a few INTs with an occasional big play rather then a few INTs with a bunch of check downs.

Id still rather roll with alex as long as possible, I really want Kap to get a year to learn.

You have to believe though that Smith is going to be more effective than Kaepernick would be just from the experience level.

That's like comparing a 50 year old hooker without legs to an inexperienced hooker.

No we don't. Troy Smith was better than Alex Smith with almost no experience and even less practice time. Alex Smith is a looser. He might be a nice guy but he f**kin sucks at football.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:

No we don't. Troy Smith was better than Alex Smith with almost no experience and even less practice time. Alex Smith is a looser. He might be a nice guy but he f**kin sucks at football.

troy smith was better? you gotta be f**kin kidding me... stick to the sofa buddy

I just want the QB that looks best in the new offense to play, I don't care who it is.

But since Alex has played against a lot of NFL defenses, he has a clear advantage on Kap.
Not much of a first team offense right now. Kaepernick will get smashed just like Alex did if he starts this year.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

troy smith was better? you gotta be f**kin kidding me... stick to the sofa buddy

this, every pass troy smith threw, i almost had to close my eyes.
Now that all the starting QB positions are locked up throughout the NFL, I would like to see the 49ers pursue a veteran QB to backup Smith and "redshirt" Kaepernick for this season. It's a big transition for him to go from operating the pistol offense in the WAC, to operating the WCO in the NFL. His head must be swirling right now, let him have a full off-season under his belt before we even think about starting him.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:

whats Alexs' career record?
Share 49ersWebzone