There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick should see time with first team offense

I just read at PFT that A. Smith can't report to camp until Aug. 4 due to new CBA rules for FA's. Hopefully we get some good stories about how Kaepernick looks playing with offensive starters.
Yeah, I kinda like that Kap will be getting lots of action till the others can come in.
this should go in training camp thread and if u look there it already ahs been discussed
I dont think they can start practicing on the field until Aug 4th, so he might not see any action with them at all
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think they can start practicing on the field until Aug 4th, so he might not see any action with them at all

really?

i thought we would start tomm i know today is meetings and crap but what are we gonna do on friday and over the weekend?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yah, now is the time for physicals and team meetings. Besides first team reps would hardly mean anything when you don't know the playbook yet.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Meetings and conditioning today. So Kaepernick will get more wind sprints with the first team than A Smith.
Hopefully he never lets go of that spot.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

really?

i thought we would start tomm i know today is meetings and crap but what are we gonna do on friday and over the weekend?

I believe the Harbaugh "Game On" press conference stated that the team would do meetings, physicals, and conditioning today. Friday would be helmets and shorts(or whatever the new version of 'shells' the CBA permits), and Sunday should be in pads.

Kaepernick should get plenty of work. There's been some talk from Maiocco that Massolli could do a little work at QB to spread some of the arm work around. Wouldn't be completely surprised to hear that coach is running a few plays himself, either.
Exactly why we can't judge Alex Smith based off of just this season. He needs at least 2 standard full off seasons with Harbaugh and the same starting center before we can truly gage what we have with him.

[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 28, 2011 at 09:49:29 ]
Kaepernick7 Colin Kaepernick
Its time
Originally posted by okdkid:
Kaepernick7 Colin Kaepernick
Its time

ItsKapTime
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Exactly why we can't judge Alex Smith based off of just this season. He needs least 2 standard full off seasons with Harbaugh and the same starting center before we can truly gage what we have with him.

Oh lord its already begun.
Originally posted by susweel:
Exactly why we can't judge Alex Smith based off of just this season. He needs least 2 standard full off seasons with Harbaugh and the same starting center before we can truly gage what we have with him.

he is not serious
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

he is not serious

I hope not