There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke could be right

It was a mistake to let Baas go. Period. I just hope we find out the details so we can decide if Baalke is failing miserably or not.

I hated hearing Baalke say they wouldn't make a big splash in FA and hoped it was a smoke screen. Now they can't resign the high priority center position with NO BACKUP!!!
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
It was a mistake to let Baas go. Period. I just hope we find out the details so we can decide if Baalke is failing miserably or not.

I hated hearing Baalke say they wouldn't make a big splash in FA and hoped it was a smoke screen. Now they can't resign the high priority center position with NO BACKUP!!!

letting baas go was a good move. and the same will go for goldson. they are average players and unless you want the niners to stay average than you can wish them back to the team. Myself and others that want a winner will hope they get a better replacement than baas which should be easy to do because baas isnt that good, and hope smith or mays can be as good or better than goldson....which again should not be too hard
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
OK. Now I get it.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/07/report-49ers-ma.html

If the 9ers land Asomugha, then it all makes sense. Not saying it's necessarily a great move (though I think it is) but it shows a logical and strategic plan.
so far, we have signed ALEX SMITH...does that look successful to anyone? If we sign Nnamdi, I'll eat my words, but why would he want to come here with the worst football management in history?
At least we had someone slightly groomed to take over for Spikes. It is a loss, but Bowman is younger, faster and more athletic so hopefully that will make up for a lack of experience.

Losing Baas hurts us more IMO. We really don't have another option other than players with very little experience moving over from other positions.
Originally posted by elguapo:

letting baas go was a good move. and the same will go for goldson. they are average players and unless you want the niners to stay average than you can wish them back to the team. Myself and others that want a winner will hope they get a better replacement than baas which should be easy to do because baas isnt that good, and hope smith or mays can be as good or better than goldson....which again should not be too hard

So they can't sign a high priority guy but they will just go find someone better. Yeah, that's a great strategy. I guess all 32 teams would love to do that every year... if it was REALITY.
Well I would like to see how the entire Free Agency period plays out before calling it a bust because there is still plenty of talent on the board and while I hate the lose Baas and Spikes it's not like they were All-Pro talent either.

I think it's pretty clear that the team is thinking big picture rather than focusing on this upcoming season. While I'm nowhere near suggesting we're tanking 2011 on purpose but it's clear the team is fully aware with scheme changes on both sides of the ball and limited offseason is not the recipe for a Super Bowl run. Just feels like with the draft and free agency so far the eyes are more on 2012 and 2013 to make that big push not 2011.

So letting a guy like Spikes go makes sense in that regard because he probably had about 2 effective years left in him so while we might get worse with Bowman in 2011 the payoff is he'll be more ready in 2012.

Also we might also be overrating or own talent. I mean keep in mind we're talking about a team that hasn't had a winning season in a long time and while I do feel a lot of that comes down to coaching you can't completely excuse the players either.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
so far, we have signed ALEX SMITH...does that look successful to anyone? If we sign Nnamdi, I'll eat my words, but why would he want to come here with the worst football management in history?

Matt Millen Likes.

Posted on Facebook 2 minutes ago.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Sorry Elgupo, that was funny.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

Uhhhh....he would be coming from the Raiders. Just sayin...
Originally posted by elguapo:

"I want winners!!"
they are gutting the team and rebuilding instead of what you heard from him, how would you react to it?

Because it's quite clear that whoever is involved clearly didn't like what he saw here in terms of our own players, and allowed everyone to leave as a FA, not to mention not going after anyone in FA.
Change your name to baalkemustdie
I would have applauded him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NolanMustDie:
they are gutting the team and rebuilding instead of what you heard from him, how would you react to it?

Because it's quite clear that whoever is involved clearly didn't like what he saw here in terms of our own players, and allowed everyone to leave as a FA, not to mention not going after anyone in FA.

They are not gutting the team, they are not paying the high price tags for the players that have not produced.