There are 257 users in the forums

Baalke could be right

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't hear Jed York saying we will Win the West this year.

enough said

Any given sunday boys!
We have yet to lose a player that I actually cared about.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by NolanMustDie:
they are gutting the team and rebuilding instead of what you heard from him, how would you react to it?

Because it's quite clear that whoever is involved clearly didn't like what he saw here in terms of our own players, and allowed everyone to leave as a FA, not to mention not going after anyone in FA.

They are not gutting the team, they are not paying the high price tags for the players that have not produced.

Nor are they paying the market for FA players at positions of need, having whiffed on the top 4 or 5 CBs.
Originally posted by Whomeam:

agreed: this article really calmed me down: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/08/aubrayo-franklin-bolts-for-the-big-easy.html

Soap is fine inside, I liked Brooks and Aldon outside, and hopefully grant/or bowman can step up and play. Corner is my main worry but we still have a few weeks to find a fix.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
They might as well shop VD and Pat around the league to see what they can fetch for them because this looks like a full rebuild.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Yup, I have no problem with a REAL rebuilding year. In the past decade, our rebuilding process was missing a REAL head coach and a REAL QB to lead it. Harbaugh is the first piece of the puzzle, and either Kap or someone like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley in next year's draft could be the QB we need.

So if we have to tear it ALL down to build it back up bigger and stronger, I'm all for it. I'm a Niner fan for life, not just for a decade or year-to-year.
Originally posted by danimal:
I would have applauded him.

I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong. Than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil.
— Malcolm X
Originally posted by susweel:
They might as well shop VD and Pat around the league to see what they can fetch for them because this looks like a full rebuild.

Rebuilding is when you keep a few stars to keep butts in the seats while you gut everything else.

Some teams rebuild and trade for a star. Gore, VD and Willis are not going anywhere....unfortunately for them
they are gutting the team and rebuilding instead of what you heard from him, how would you react to it?

Because it's quite clear that whoever is involved clearly didn't like what he saw here in terms of our own players, and allowed everyone to leave as a FA, not to mention not going after anyone in FA.

They are not gutting the team, they are not paying the high price tags for the players that have not produced.

Damn, someone making sense.

Like Ive said, u dont overpay mediocre players just to keep them, thats how u get into cap hell.

And now with a lower cap threshold, teams must budget better.

For those wonder about Jenkins, Babin and Nnamdi's deals, Babin is making 4M this yr, no more than 6M in each yr.

Nnamdi, 10M this yr, not sure on rest. And Jenkins is a 1yr 4M deal basically, it is a voidable deal basically.

Clements is getting 3m a year. Lawson and Franklin signed one year deals for the same I believe. Bass is the only one of our FA's that got a nice contract. Every other player got a reasonable contract and certainly not "high priced".

They are gutting the team.
Originally posted by susweel:

Rebuilding is when you keep a few stars to keep butts in the seats while you gut everything else.

Some teams rebuild and trade for a star. Gore, VD and Willis are not going anywhere....unfortunately for them

we aren't rebuilding anything. we have lost 4 defensive starters (yes starters but most of them role players at best) and Crabtree will be out a while. We didn't upgrade anything but you are way off if you think this is a rebuild.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Yup, I have no problem with a REAL rebuilding year. In the past decade, our rebuilding process was missing a REAL head coach and a REAL QB to lead it. Harbaugh is the first piece of the puzzle, and either Kap or someone like Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley in next year's draft could be the QB we need.

So if we have to tear it ALL down to build it back up bigger and stronger, I'm all for it. I'm a Niner fan for life, not just for a decade or year-to-year.

This.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I would have applauded him.

I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he's wrong. Than the one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil.
— Malcolm X

I have the most respect for those who can think for themselves and know a persons motives without having to hear it from them
- Me

He is a politician, he has advisors. His advisors told him the majority of the fans don't want to rebuild.

What did you think he was going to say?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

agreed: this article really calmed me down: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/08/aubrayo-franklin-bolts-for-the-big-easy.html

Soap is fine inside, I liked Brooks and Aldon outside, and hopefully grant/or bowman can step up and play. Corner is my main worry but we still have a few weeks to find a fix.

Yeah, corner is my only worry about the team right now. Every other position has someone ready to step in and show their worth. Corner could too, but it's just a lot of unknown there. I believe in our coaching staff though. They want to win as much as we want them too. If they feel there's a problem, they'll try their damnedest to fix it.
Share 49ersWebzone