There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

any one worried that we couldnt resign tko?

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
people would be sad if Goldson left??
if we had someone proven to take s place no.... but we dont. Our secondary is already the weakest part of our defense imagine if reggie smith and a still raw t. mays were our safties.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Nope.

I assume we didn't want to
Originally posted by sactomkiii:
I mean he couldnt of been very expensive. Im getting a sinking feeling that we`re going to see more fa`s leave (such as goldson) and not have any quality vets come in. As much potential as our picks have i dont see many of them contributing for atleast a season especially with the weird offseason.

Spikes is 34 years old and we have 2 young ILB's on the team already. Plus given the available ILB's that are available right now, the 49ers can always sign someone.

Nick Barnett
Kirk Morrison
Barrett Rudd

all FA ILB's that can play the TED in a 3-4

P.S. Goldson is nothing special. I would rather sign Huff, Weddle or Landry.
hell to the no.

I'm not sad in the least that he's gone.
sad to see TKO as he was a good compliment to Willis.. however its time to let the young talent (i.e. Bowman or Mckillop) have playing time and a chance to grow as players.

i see no need to go into the FA for another stop-gap ILB.
He was a good player for us, but not worth another 3 years. We didn't draft Bowman that early just so he can sit on the bench for the next 3 years. This move made sense.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
I mean he couldnt of been very expensive. Im getting a sinking feeling that we`re going to see more fa`s leave (such as goldson) and not have any quality vets come in. As much potential as our picks have i dont see many of them contributing for atleast a season especially with the weird offseason.

Spikes is 34 years old and we have 2 young ILB's on the team already. Plus given the available ILB's that are available right now, the 49ers can always sign someone.

Nick Barnett
Kirk Morrison
Barrett Rudd

Totally agree
I gotta hope that P Willie is at the point where he is ready to assume the 1 on 1 mentor role to Bowman or McKillop now that he's been exposed to TKO.

Time for a little new blood at the position (I hope)
  • ttown
  • Veteran
Not incredibly worried.

TKO is a guy who I've followed his career from afar -- just a very solid linebacker who I was excited to see in a 49er uniform.

That said, I could tell he is definitely on the twilight of his career, even if I do believe he's probably got a couple more good years in him.

As long as one of our young ILBs step up we'll be fine and I do expect us to sign a veteran "just in case". I do see a lot of promise in Bowman.

so, time will tell if this was a mistake.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Mixed feelings.
Pro:
He was a good leader and role model. Also very good against the run.

Con:
ILBs past the age of 34 tend to hit the wall rather quickly and with little warning.
He was a liability in coverage.

Summary: Sounds like a Walsh-esque move of allowing a player to leave with a little left in the tank as opposed to waiting until he had nothing and was just taking a roster spot.

Nick Barnett
Kirk Morrison
Barrett Rudd

Signing Ruud would be insane!!!
Why do people get so worried about losing guys like Takeo Spikes, Arnaz Battle, Michael Lewis, Etc. Yeah they're decent stop gaps but nothing to build a team around. They're the type of players that generally play on a number of teams.

You utilize their services while u can...then someone else over pays them a bit...you let go. It's just business.
Originally posted by pelos21:

Nick Barnett
Kirk Morrison
Barrett Rudd

Signing Ruud would be insane!!!

Ill take all three!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Why do people get so worried about losing guys like Takeo Spikes, Arnaz Battle, Michael Lewis, Etc. Yeah they're decent stop gaps but nothing to build a team around. They're the type of players that generally play on a number of teams.

You utilize their services while u can...then someone else over pays them a bit...you let go. It's just business.

ding ding ding ding /end
Not anymore, he is gone. Yorks are at it again. Lets get rid of all the good players.