Not a member? Register Now!

Patrick Willis: "I'm tired of losing."

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Slash49:
I'm tired of seeing him regress in 2010. Bring back the Willis of 2008 and 2009.

lol didn't stop him from still being the Best Linebacker in the league

He wasn't one of the top ten linebackers in 2010. In fact, he was probably only the fourth or fifth best ILB in the NFL last year. He was 9th in the NFL for tackles amongst backers.

wtf does # of tackles have to do with being the best MLB????

So, you are saying the best QB in the league is going to be 9th in passing, the best sack artist 9th in sacks, the best running back 9th in yards. The evaluation was based on the comment that Willis was the best backer in football. The numbers show a marked drop in productivity and playmaking from previous years.

And, this was only an evaluation of the middle backers. Was Willis better than DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews?

Let's be real, Willis is a terrific player and may have been the best backer in previous years. However, 2010 was a down year, period. There is no argument.

your argument is beyond stupid. Nnamdi had 0 INT last year...does that make him a bad CB??

Now, now....

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
what a profound thing to say.

good thing he doesn't like losing like all the other players. oh, wait.

Here, this will put you in a better mood:

That looks like dirt Wodwo.....

You need to come to my side, we'll take you to Oaksterdam.

It's catnip....

In highschool, I used to like to shine laser beams off the crystals on the buds I had.

Gave that up decades ago.
I'm tired of seeing him regress in 2010. Bring back the Willis of 2008 and 2009.

He wasn't one of the top ten linebackers in 2010. In fact, he was probably only the fourth or fifth best ILB in the NFL last year. He was 9th in the NFL for tackles amongst backers.

So, you are saying the best QB in the league is going to be 9th in passing, the best sack artist 9th in sacks, the best running back 9th in yards. The evaluation was based on the comment that Willis was the best backer in football. The numbers show a marked drop in productivity and playmaking from previous years.

And, this was only an evaluation of the middle backers. Was Willis better than DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews?

Let's be real, Willis is a terrific player and may have been the best backer in previous years. However, 2010 was a down year, period. There is no argument.

your argument is beyond stupid. Nnamdi had 0 INT last year...does that make him a bad CB??

A corners job is not about INT's its about shutting down the opposition nimwad
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EarlThomas:

His name... is DONNIEDARKO!

o..m..g..

I agree, he did indeed have a down year. I think Willis himself would be the first to admit that last year was not up to his "standard". That being said, tackles alone do not tell the whole story. He did have the most sacks of all MLB's...

Lets hope he has recovered from the injuries he was dealing with last year, and adjusts to the fact that offenses gameplan to limit his effectiveness. Great players find ways to persevere.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

o..m..g..

I know, right? ::sigh::
this is the deal, everyone knows hes a great player, but he could make more splash plays.....lots of ppl on here call him the best D player in the league, while hes great, he aint making game changing plays, everyone talks about ray lewis, look at the yr derrick brooks won D player of the year, he was everywhere that season....is willis a great player? yes....is he the best D player in the league? no hes not, and he wont be until he starts makin game changing plays.....he could step it up a bit, his teammates could help him by upping their game and the FO could help him out by surrounding him with the type of talent ray lewis gets 2 play with
Originally posted by crabman82:
this is the deal, everyone knows hes a great player, but he could make more splash plays.....lots of ppl on here call him the best D player in the league, while hes great, he aint making game changing plays, everyone talks about ray lewis, look at the yr derrick brooks won D player of the year, he was everywhere that season....is willis a great player? yes....is he the best D player in the league? no hes not, and he wont be until he starts makin game changing plays.....he could step it up a bit, his teammates could help him by upping their game and the FO could help him out by surrounding him with the type of talent ray lewis gets 2 play with

Who's better?
LOL looks like Spikes agrees with him...
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL looks like Spikes agrees with him...

Originally posted by cwilson830:

Who's better?

off the bat i'm taking polomalu and ed reed, clay matthews, and maybe a couple others, willis is great but take off the homer caps guys and be real
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Who's better?

off the bat i'm taking polomalu and ed reed, clay matthews, and maybe a couple others, willis is great but take off the homer caps guys and be real

I'll bite.

Give me an ILB.