LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Patrick Willis: "I'm tired of losing."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
precursor to "trade me" if we continue to lose

Just hold on one more year p-willy. Just one more and we should be good.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
this is the deal, everyone knows hes a great player, but he could make more splash plays.....lots of ppl on here call him the best D player in the league, while hes great, he aint making game changing plays, everyone talks about ray lewis, look at the yr derrick brooks won D player of the year, he was everywhere that season....is willis a great player? yes....is he the best D player in the league? no hes not, and he wont be until he starts makin game changing plays.....he could step it up a bit, his teammates could help him by upping their game and the FO could help him out by surrounding him with the type of talent ray lewis gets 2 play with

Who's better?

off the bat i'm taking polomalu and ed reed, clay matthews, and maybe a couple others, willis is great but take off the homer caps guys and be real

I'd take Polamalu and Reed if they're healthy, but they never are.

I'd take PW over Matthews - he's had one big season.
I'm tired of them losing too. Resigning Alex Smith should continue that trend. Stupid.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
I'm tired of them losing too. Resigning Alex Smith should continue that trend. Stupid.
Maybe Willis said this to put the FO on notice, that he'll leave unless he sees significant improvment.

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 27, 2011 at 01:39:51 ]
this is the deal, everyone knows hes a great player, but he could make more splash plays.....lots of ppl on here call him the best D player in the league, while hes great, he aint making game changing plays, everyone talks about ray lewis, look at the yr derrick brooks won D player of the year, he was everywhere that season....is willis a great player? yes....is he the best D player in the league? no hes not, and he wont be until he starts makin game changing plays.....he could step it up a bit, his teammates could help him by upping their game and the FO could help him out by surrounding him with the type of talent ray lewis gets 2 play with

Who's better?

off the bat i'm taking polomalu and ed reed, clay matthews, and maybe a couple others, willis is great but take off the homer caps guys and be real

1 big season lol, been in the league 2 yrs, 2 pro bowls, on the same p willy path as far as that goes, but he makes more splash plays, i'm done on this topic though, i love willis and if i keep goin on it'll seem like i hate him, which isnt the case so i'll agree 2 disagree
Originally posted by ads_2006:
precursor to "trade me" if we continue to lose

This.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dude better start making game changing plays then

You mean like getting more sacks than any other ILB in the league last season while finishing 10th in tackles playing with a destroyed hand and missing a game?

C'mon... dude makes game changing plays all the time. His run stuffs change the game. Don't tell me you haven't seen him tossing aside guards and dropping the ball carrier for short yardage every damn game.

Wait... you're valrod...

Nevermind.

He gets a lot of tackles in the backfired but I wouldn't call game changing... none is saying he's not a beast he is, he along.with the entire team do not make plays that change momentum very often.... IE a turnover in the redzone, forcing fumbles, actually stopping the opposing team on 3rd down, sacking the QB .. the entire defense doesn't make those plays as often as needed.. Willis included... still not saying he's not an animal or criticizing him he's the best Dplayer in the league

Sorry to be a dick, but I stopped reading after the first sentence. Just so wrong.

Willis is great, but can still improve when it comes to creating turnovers.

Ya'll are just trippin, if it wasn't for Pat our D would be a bottom 5 defense.

You're missing the point. He is of course one of the best defensive players in the league, but if he wants to win defensive player of the year - he needs to create turn-overs. He doesn't do enough of that.

He needs to make more of these kind of plays.

" GET EM LEONARD" hahaha

Who's better?

1 big season lol, been in the league 2 yrs, 2 pro bowls, on the same p willy path as far as that goes, but he makes more splash plays, i'm done on this topic though, i love willis and if i keep goin on it'll seem like i hate him, which isnt the case so i'll agree 2 disagree

isnt clay matthews an OLB rush LB type? Willis is an ILB. completely different ballgame and willis has to pick up all the trash that the rest of the defense lets go, hes way too valuable as a rover to just send after the qb everytime like matthews. Willis is the best ILB in the game by far and one of the biggest defensive presences in the whole game. polomalu and reed are safeties, they get paid to play center field and make picks, its way easier to make plays when you line up that far back. different positions really shouldnt be compared because its stupid.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Who's better?

isnt clay matthews an OLB rush LB type? Willis is an ILB. completely different ballgame and willis has to pick up all the trash that the rest of the defense lets go, hes way too valuable as a rover to just send after the qb everytime like matthews. Willis is the best ILB in the game by far and one of the biggest defensive presences in the whole game. polomalu and reed are safeties, they get paid to play center field and make picks, its way easier to make plays when you line up that far back. different positions really shouldnt be compared because its stupid.

Rushing the QB is more important than playing MLB. MLB's main responsibility is playing the run and since nobody in the NFL runs anymore don't you think it's more important to get to the passer? s**t, you're not even allowed to hit a WR anymore or touch them pass five yards.

Not knocking PW, Im just sick of the fact that our weaknesses are never fixed and OLB has been a weakness since Peterson left. Name the MLB associated with a great OLB without looking it up. Go ahead....I'll wait...

I'm pretty sure what he meant was that he's tired of having Nate Clements play behind him.
Well I don't blame him. But unfortunately we have way too many holes at key positions and a new coaching staff and a new system with no offseason work. So we will lose again.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Well I don't blame him. But unfortunately we have way too many holes at key positions and a new coaching staff and a new system with no offseason work. So we will lose again.

Yeah, we're on route to 2-14 right now with the way s**t is going.
I'm disappointed in Willis... I wake up at 5am every day and I never use an alarm.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah, we're on route to 2-14 right now with the way s**t is going.

I think that is really possible. People are unrealistic about the damage and destruction this offseason has done to us. We of all teams could least afford this. It's going to be a rocky year.
Share 49ersWebzone