There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Patrick Willis: "I'm tired of losing."

Originally posted by lamontb:
Tackles isn't a solid indication of how good or how bad of a linebacker you are. You have to watch the games. I'm still waiting for some more leadership from Willis. And i hope this team can get right and win b/c I don't want his career to waste away. That's why he wasn't lower on the top 100 countdown. It's b/c nobody has seem him make any big plays on a big stage.

What! You think Willis is the worst linebacker ever? Go be a Raiders fan....

I felt I should post for some zoner out there that was thinking it....
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Slash49:
I'm tired of seeing him regress in 2010. Bring back the Willis of 2008 and 2009.

lol didn't stop him from still being the Best Linebacker in the league

He wasn't one of the top ten linebackers in 2010. In fact, he was probably only the fourth or fifth best ILB in the NFL last year. He was 9th in the NFL for tackles amongst backers.

wtf does # of tackles have to do with being the best MLB????

[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jul 26, 2011 at 15:35:58 ]
Man I'm so ready for football. Anarchy would of happened if season was canned
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Tackles isn't a solid indication of how good or how bad of a linebacker you are. You have to watch the games. I'm still waiting for some more leadership from Willis. And i hope this team can get right and win b/c I don't want his career to waste away. That's why he wasn't lower on the top 100 countdown. It's b/c nobody has seem him make any big plays on a big stage.

What! You think Willis is the worst linebacker ever? Go be a Raiders fan....

I felt I should post for some zoner out there that was thinking it....

Definitely already a raiders fan.
what a profound thing to say.

good thing he doesn't like losing like all the other players. oh, wait.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:

Here, this will put you in a better mood:

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I'm tired of seeing him regress in 2010. Bring back the Willis of 2008 and 2009.

He wasn't one of the top ten linebackers in 2010. In fact, he was probably only the fourth or fifth best ILB in the NFL last year. He was 9th in the NFL for tackles amongst backers.

So, you are saying the best QB in the league is going to be 9th in passing, the best sack artist 9th in sacks, the best running back 9th in yards. The evaluation was based on the comment that Willis was the best backer in football. The numbers show a marked drop in productivity and playmaking from previous years.

And, this was only an evaluation of the middle backers. Was Willis better than DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews?

Let's be real, Willis is a terrific player and may have been the best backer in previous years. However, 2010 was a down year, period. There is no argument.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

So, you are saying the best QB in the league is going to be 9th in passing, the best sack artist 9th in sacks, the best running back 9th in yards. The evaluation was based on the comment that Willis was the best backer in football. The numbers show a marked drop in productivity and playmaking from previous years.

And, this was only an evaluation of the middle backers. Was Willis better than DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews?

Let's be real, Willis is a terrific player and may have been the best backer in previous years. However, 2010 was a down year, period. There is no argument.

There is an argument.

It depends on how you analyze your statistics and what weight you put on various performance factors.

Saying total tackles or total yards makes one player better than another is highly over simplified.

WTF are you serious???

The man isnt gonna lead the league in tackles every year hes in the league Ray ray didnt even do that.
Was Crabtree the first 1 player into the trainers office for his sore feet
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

WTF are you serious???

The man isnt gonna lead the league in tackles every year hes in the league Ray ray didnt even do that.

Patrick Willis still had a great impact on the fiield. The situation is a bit similar to Asomugha's deflated stats IMO
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

WTF are you serious???

Patrick Willis still had a great impact on the fiield. The situation is a bit similar to Asomugha's deflated stats IMO

also... Willis, most of the time had to get past at least two guys to make the tackle on every play.

your argument is beyond stupid. Nnamdi had 0 INT last year...does that make him a bad CB??
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:

Here, this will put you in a better mood:

That looks like dirt Wodwo.....

You need to come to my side, we'll take you to Oaksterdam.