There are 178 users in the forums

Anyone else still excited about this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No, not so much.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
No, not so much.

You the guy that cancelled your Sunday Ticket, or was that someone else?
The excitement will return when people are reminded of how a real coach gets a team ready for the season. Plus FA is just a few days away, any decent signings and fans will start to rally again.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
No, not so much.

That was me.

There's only going to be about 8 games that aren't televised locally; so, it adds up to over $40 bucks a game for Sunday Ticket. I'd rather spend that $$$ on beer and wings at the local sports bar.
[ Edited by D_Niner on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:26 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
The excitement will return when people are reminded of how a real coach gets a team ready for the season. Plus FA is just a few days away, any decent signings and fans will start to rally again.

... and if do go light on FA, the sky will fall. Aaaahhh... to be a fan!
No, not so much.

That was me.

There's only going to be about 8 games that arn't telivised localy; so, it adds up to over $40 bucks a game for Sunday Ticket. I'd rather spend that $$$ on beer and wings at the local sports bar.

Ah.. well that makes sense then. Glad you are not one of those fans that are completely turning your back on the team.
I am pumped every year for my team no matter what. Opening Day is like Christmas for me.

That said, this year is like 2005 when Nolan took over. Fresh and full of hope. Little did we know the failure would continue for five more frickin' years with each new one diminishing the hope that I started with.

That hope is back and with an incredible force and Harbaugh is the reason. I truly believe that he can completely change the culture like Nolan did, except with the emphasis being on the offense and QB. That hasn't been here since 2002! He hand-picked his staff with stand outs in ST, Secondary, and DC. Then he brought in his right-hand man in Roman to deliver his "brand" of ball.

Given Harbaugh's history as a Coach, we will no longer see averages of 14 to 20 points a game. Oh no! This dude is ready to bring the "hammer" down and run up the score on your ass just to make sure...Remember Pete. LOL. Can't wait for that showdown either.

My point with the above is that we will be entertained again, a high-powered balanced attack based on what the D gives. I see "in game" decisions to modify the attack to take advantage of weakness not seen in the prep before hand. Harbaugh will respond and respond well.

That's why I'm pumped for this season. I want to see some f**king offense!!!!

Harbaugh Delivers.
No, not so much.

That was me.

There's only going to be about 8 games that aren't televised locally; so, it adds up to over $40 bucks a game for Sunday Ticket. I'd rather spend that $$$ on beer and wings at the local sports bar.

Ah.. well that makes sense then. Glad you are not one of those fans that are completely turning your back on the team.

Hell no. Never!

Just showing my displeasure with recent NFL events by stopping my contribution to the Dollars and cents game; instead, putting my football money into the local economy (and my belly).
No, not so much.

That was me.

Hell no. Never!

Just showing my displeasure with recent NFL events by stopping my contribution to the Dollars and cents game; instead, putting my football money into the local economy (and my belly).

Yeah, I hear you. Downside for you is that focusing on the game at a sports bar will adversely affect the thoroughness of your game observations. (as opposed to studying the games more in-depth and with slow-mo repetition.

... but that's never stopped any fan from "seeing it all" anyway, right?

Originally posted by ninertico:
I am pumped every year for my team no matter what. Opening Day is like Christmas for me.

That said, this year is like 2005 when Nolan took over. Fresh and full of hope. Little did we know the failure would continue for five more frickin' years with each new one diminishing the hope that I started with.

That hope is back and with an incredible force and Harbaugh is the reason. I truly believe that he can completely change the culture like Nolan did, except with the emphasis being on the offense and QB. That hasn't been here since 2002! He hand-picked his staff with stand outs in ST, Secondary, and DC. Then he brought in his right-hand man in Roman to deliver his "brand" of ball.

Given Harbaugh's history as a Coach, we will no longer see averages of 14 to 20 points a game. Oh no! This dude is ready to bring the "hammer" down and run up the score on your ass just to make sure...Remember Pete. LOL. Can't wait for that showdown either.

My point with the above is that we will be entertained again, a high-powered balanced attack based on what the D gives. I see "in game" decisions to modify the attack to take advantage of weakness not seen in the prep before hand. Harbaugh will respond and respond well.

Harbaugh Delivers.

I am hype
  • dj43
I am excited that there will be a training camp starting very soon. That will bring a lot of freshness to the 'zone. The offseason has been too much of the same thing over and over.

As to the season, I am very cautiously optimistic. I have a good deal of confidence in Harbaugh and believe he will make the offense significantly more productive than it has been, regardless of who plays QB.

However, the "elephant in the room" offensively is whether or not Harbaugh can reign in Michael Crabtree and turn him from diva to a productive team player. Let's not kid ourselves. Everybody on the team read or heard his negative comments about Alex Smith. Consequently, Crabtree will have a target on his back from teammates as he comes in. If he continues the same attitude and lack of work ethic from years past, it will have a spillover effect on the team.

This team does not have near enough talent offensively to overcome the impact of the guy who SHOULD be the #1 receiver playing an "I'm better than everybody else" move. For this team to have a chance to win more than 7 games against the upcoming schedule, MC is going to have a lot of maturing to do in a very short time.

So I'm setting my sights on more competitive games against good teams but 8 wins is about what I expect. Too many holes to fill with too little time in TC to think otherwise.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Excitement level other years by this time; 90-100%
This year; 65-75%

I am treating this year as an F-the players and owners for treating us, the fans, like chit during this lockout. I will watch from afar, but not a dime spent on anything NFL related.

This!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Harbaugh Delivers.

I am hype

This. Oh, and fk Nolan, Sing, and everyone back to TDon. Future starts here!! It's gonna rock.
No, not so much.

That was me.

Hell no. Never!

Yeah, I hear you. Downside for you is that focusing on the game at a sports bar will adversely affect the thoroughness of your game observations. (as opposed to studying the games more in-depth and with slow-mo repetition.

... but that's never stopped any fan from "seeing it all" anyway, right?

It's all in what I can work out with the bar owner. If he'll let me DVR the game and copy it to my passport then it's all good. If not, then, I'm sure I can figure something else out...
Share 49ersWebzone