LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Anyone else still excited about this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Usually at this time of the year, I would be extremely excited and pumped up about the season, and I'l' admit that for the past few months since the lockout first began, I've been pretty negative about this upcoming NFL season. But I've been really looking forward to this season recently...

Just the thought of watching 49er football again, with a coaching staff that we are all (well, almost all) excited and content about, makes me not want to wait for September 8th to come.

This year's schedule is a bit tough, but in my opinion, nothing brutal. We do play the NFC East and the AFC North, which has its tough opponents such as the Eagles, Giants, Steelers, and Ravens, but these are the games I'm most excited for. I can't wait to play Pittsburgh at our house on MNF...so....

Who's with me? GO NINERS!
[ Edited by niner4life21 on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:01 PM ]
Excitement level other years by this time; 90-100%
This year; 65-75%

I am treating this year as an F-the players and owners for treating us, the fans, like chit during this lockout. I will watch from afar, but not a dime spent on anything NFL related.
I'll be excited soon enough... I just know it. Right now, I'm watching the calendar and just trying to hang on. So bored and ready for NFL action.
Will we come out of the gate on fire? Probably not... but I will be optimistic and excited as the season unfolds.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
This year; 65-75%

I am treating this year as an F-the players and owners for treating us, the fans, like chit during this lockout. I will watch from afar, but not a dime spent on anything NFL related.

I see where you're coming from man. I've been frustrated too. Whats frustrated me the most is that just when we finally get a decent coaching staff and a offensive head coach, this stupid lockout emerges and the players and coaches can't get together to get ready for the season. There's no doubt the Niners are gonna be behind some of the other teams in the league, but so will others.

I haven't been much of an Alex Smith supporter either, but I like what he has done with the whole voluntary camps, trying to get the team prepared and being a leader.
This year; 65-75%

Your anger should be directed completely at the NFL owners for opting out of the agreement that was in place to funnel more of the revenue to the 30 or so individuals that already received well over %50. You can't get mad at the players for not bending over just because the owners locked them out.

Fight the power.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:20 PM ]
Are you PiratePete's brother?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Are you PiratePete's brother?

F no.
Not even.
Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by niner4life21:
This year; 65-75%

I see where you're coming from man. I've been frustrated too. Whats frustrated me the most is that just when we finally get a decent coaching staff and a offensive head coach, this stupid lockout emerges and the players and coaches can't get together to get ready for the season. There's no doubt the Niners are gonna be behind some of the other teams in the league, but so will others.

I haven't been much of an Alex Smith supporter either, but I like what he has done with the whole voluntary camps, trying to get the team prepared and being a leader.

The bolded is going to put us at a bigger disadvantage than any teams that will come in with any of their coordinators from the previous year.

Alex should have moved on 3 years ago, but I agree with your point. It would have been nice to give him an entire off season if he was coming back anyway so that he could prove whether or not he can turn into a productive starter under Harbaugh. I see it now... A year from now everyone will be clamoring for his return, yet again, because he will show the familiar flashes of good play throughout the season and the thought of him coming back with a full off season under Harbaugh will have everybody going nutz.

I cant wait until 2012!

Originally posted by RichmondPete:
This year; 65-75%

Your anger should be directed completely at the NFL owners for opting out of the agreement that was in place to funnel more of the revenue to the 30 or so individuals that already received well over %50. You can't get mad at the players for not bending over just because the owners locked them out.

Fight the power.

I disagree with you here, but that is a discussion for another thread.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
This year; 65-75%

Fight the power.

I disagree with you here, but that is a discussion for another thread.

I think its perfect for this thread, its the reason you are not excited about this year.

You can't disagree that the owners opted out of a deal that was agreed upon and in place, thats fact. You also can't argue that the owners wanted more money than they already were set to make in the original deal, thats also fact.

You CAN disagree with the players decision to choose not to bend over because they were locked out by their owners. However its always the players that are the ones supporting their impoverished families and communities with the money they make playing football. Owners don't do squat for the fans accept raise parking prices.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM ]
Not yet.
Im excited for FA and who wins the QB competition. Im not real excited with the coaching outside of JH and Tomsula just yet.
VERY excited...playoffs this year...
Share 49ersWebzone