LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Anyone else still excited about this year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'll be more excited once the lockout is over, hopefully tomorrow.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Excitement level other years by this time; 90-100%
This year; 65-75%

I am treating this year as an F-the players and owners for treating us, the fans, like chit during this lockout. I will watch from afar, but not a dime spent on anything NFL related.

Your anger should be directed completely at the NFL owners for opting out of the agreement that was in place to funnel more of the revenue to the 30 or so individuals that already received well over %50. You can't get mad at the players for not bending over just because the owners locked them out.

Fight the power.

I feel that your position is overly-simplistic, but I am sure there is an exhaustive debate over this issue in NFLtalk. I am excited about this year. I am so sick of the patronizing rhetoric from players and owners alike, but I miss me some football.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
This year; 65-75%

I am treating this year as an F-the players and owners for treating us, the fans, like chit during this lockout. I will watch from afar, but not a dime spent on anything NFL related.

Your anger should be directed completely at the NFL owners for opting out of the agreement that was in place to funnel more of the revenue to the 30 or so individuals that already received well over %50. You can't get mad at the players for not bending over just because the owners locked them out.

Fight the power.

the owners deserve more of the revenue, it's their business. not one game has been cancelled due to the lockout, the draft went on as planned. dont see how i can get angry at the owners. the only frustrating part is hearing the thousands of different reports coming out.
I'm excited to see football. I'm excited to see what Kaepernick has got. I'm excited to see if Crabtree can get his s**t together. I'm not excited about the team yet. I doubt I will be this year unless we some how play good for once. I'm just completely sold against our defense right now. NO ONE CAN COVER in our secondary and they have little over a month to learn a new defense. FML
This year; 65-75%

aGreed to the max. And Brees & Manning want exlcusion for life from the francise tag, and those 3 ahos who want want 10mil or instant free agency because of lasts years uncapped staus.. Things like this make me dislike the players way more than the owners by far.

Without the league and us fans where would those players be?

As a matter of fact my percentage, today is lower than yours by at least 35%, I almost don't care anymore...wow
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM ]
exited about us getting off our ass and making the niners get joseph cromartie bc i know we cant get nmandi
As much as I ditest the fact Alex Smith will be our QB going into the season, I am always amped up for football. Just got to hope for the best going into the season and every Sunday. I'm an optimistic 49ers fan until it is impossible for us to make the playoffs; and even if we are out, I hope we win on Sundays. I hope Alex takes us back to the playoffs, and makes the Pro Bowl

Can't wait for the season!!!!
Originally posted by PTulini:

Hell yeah
I'm excited to for the season to begin, but my expectation for Niner success this season has been tempered quite a bit due to the lockout. It could be a positive though, as my expectations would probably have been unrealistically high with the arrival of Harbaugh minus the lockout. I don't think there will be as much pressure on the coaching staff to have immediate success right out of the gate, so maybe less pressure on coaches and players could help lead the team to some unexpected success.

Originally posted by SanFranMan:
Originally posted by PTulini:

Hell yeah
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The lockout definitely killed a lot of my optimism and excitement.
My excitement level is at a record high for 2011 and continues to escalate to new stratospheres by the second. Think of all the unknowns! The exciting unknowns! Our hopes have no ceiling! Tilt your head back, look at the stars, and see the 49ers in 2011! WOOOOOO!
Im excited to read some of the reactions on the Zone this year
usually counting down the days until kickoff with the night before feeling like decades..

this year i can honestly care less..
Share 49ersWebzone