There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Random (Fixed) thoughs from 49ersam

1. Alex Smith - sign him for two years, then trade him (and then some) next year to get Andrew Luck.

2. We need a bonafide #1 WR this year to be sure of post season chances. I'd love to have Vincent Jackson from the Chargers, he could be our version of Fitzgerald.

3. Another solid passrusher is a must, Aldon is 50/50 this year. Or a huge NT would be great,

4. The team needs to sign a shutdown corner and get rid of Clemens and his money.
OK, an up and coming corner with very good upside.

5. I support all my bay area sports teams and I am a 49ers fan for life, period!

Here, I fixed it, so sorry girls, I really have very fat fingers.
[ Edited by 49ERSAM on Jul 20, 2011 at 10:53 AM ]
Decent sentiments... especially #5... but this could have gone into another related thread all the same. Also might be good idea to elaborate on how you would fix the issues. Sign a CB and pass rusher... okay, who and why? Luck will go #1 overall, so we have t figure moving up to #1 will cost A TON.... and we would be telling Kaepernick to go fu*k himself so soon???
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
1. Alex Smith - sign him for two years, then trade him next year to get Andrew Luck.

2. We need a bonafide #1 WR this year to be sure of post season chances.

3. Another solid passrusher is a must, Aldon is 50/50 this year.

4. The team needs to sign a shutdown corner and get rid of Clemens and his money.

5. I support all my bay area teams and I am a 49ers fan for life, period!

Whats a "Randon thought"? Is that thinking about the small village of Arzenc-de-Randon in France?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Decent sentiments... especially #5... but this could have gone into another related thread all the same. Also might be good idea to elaborate on how you would fix the issues. Sign a CB and pass rusher... okay, who and why? Luck will go #1 overall, so we have t figure moving up to #1 will cost A TON.... and we would be telling Kaepernick to go fu*k himself so soon???

First things first, it isn't about feelings in the NFL. Carolina just did the same exact thing with Jimmy Clausen this year.

However, there is no "bonafide top WR" out there that we can grab now, unless you mean we sign Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice.
Originally posted by Gelder:

First things first, it isn't about feelings in the NFL. Carolina just did the same exact thing with Jimmy Clausen this year.

However, there is no "bonafide top WR" out there that we can grab now, unless you mean we sign Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice.

Can't really accurately state that it's "the same exact thing" when the Panthers got to see some NFL play from Jimmy Queen... how much NFL play have we seen from Kap again? So, same exact, or not so much?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
1. Alex Smith - sign him for two years, then trade him next year to get Andrew Luck.

2. We need a bonafide #1 WR this year to be sure of post season chances.

3. Another solid passrusher is a must, Aldon is 50/50 this year.

5. I support all my bay area teams and I am a 49ers fan for life, period!

It's gonna take a lot more than Alex Smith to trade up to #1 (where one will likely have to get) to be able to land Luck. Especially if we would the division and or make the playoffs where we would then need to move up 20 some spots. We also should not be concerned with Andrew Luck, and be wait and see where we stand at the position once the season is over.

There are only 2 shutdown corners in the NFL. One is available but is not a necessity to turning the corner (no pun intended). We need to get better at corner, but Nnamdi is not the end all be all, especially considering he is 30, thus is a question mark as to how many great years he has left. Maybe 4-5, maybe more or maybe fewer than that.

If we learned anything from signing Clements it's that high priced FA's aren't always worth the money. Spending money wisely > Spending money foolishly. This team should not enter into a bidding war or look to grossly overpay for any FA.

Adding another pass rusher would be a wise move, if there is one who fits the 3-4 OLB role.

We don't need a bonafide #1, but adding a veteran WR to the mix would be a smart move.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jul 20, 2011 at 8:05 AM ]
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Can't really accurately state that it's "the same exact thing" when the Panthers got to see some NFL play from Jimmy Queen... how much NFL play have we seen from Kap again? So, same exact, or not so much?

It's actually 2 completely different scenarios. Carolina HAD the #1 pick. Trading up is a different bird, and is a 2 way street.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

It's actually 2 completely different scenarios. Carolina HAD the #1 pick. Trading up is a different bird, and is a 2 way street.

Yes, it is even LESS of "the exact same thng" than I first thought.
I ain't livin.
[ Edited by Janitor on Jul 20, 2011 at 9:42 AM ]

Yeah, its NEARLY, ALMOST, and CLOSE TO "the exact same thing."

Just about.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Just about.

LOL.

Just about.

LOL.

People in Arzenc-de-Randon know nothing of American Football, so to them it is the exact same thing.

R u thinking that a team with the first pick of the draft next year would trade it for Alex Smith
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hitman49:

R u thinking that a team with the first pick of the draft next year would trade it for Alex Smith

I think he's being sarcastic, Hit.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Just about.

LOL.

People in Arzenc-de-Randon know nothing of American Football, so to them it is the exact same thing.

Precisement!