There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Harbaugh Era QB competition!

"well, if you want evidence re how good coaching can bring better play out of a quarterback, michael vick never had a 1qb rating higher than 82 before falling in with andy reid and marty mohrinweig last year...his rating was 100
I am confident that harbaugh and roman can improve alex smith in a similar manner."

Certainly, it's possible. It's also possible that Hue Jackson will transform Jason Campbell into a Super Bowl-winning QB. Probable? We'll just have to wait and see.
[ Edited by classyfan49 on Jul 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM ]
Originally posted by classyfan49:
"well, if you want evidence re how good coaching can bring better play out of a quarterback, michael vick never had a 1qb rating higher than 82 before falling in with andy reid and marty mohrinweig last year...his rating was 100
I am confident that harbaugh and roman can improve alex smith in a similar manner."

Certainly, it's possible. It's also possible that Hue Jackson will transform Jason Campbell into a Super Bowl-winning QB. Probable? We'll just have to wait and see.
Ha, definitely not probable
  • Otter
  • Veteran
So, since everyone has agreed to disagree, can I lock this thing.
Originally posted by Otter:

Yes please.

Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Otter:

Yes please.

Don't lock. It's a valid point.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Don't lock. It's a valid point.

I would be a happy person and Demand a longer contract for him.
Quote:
I'll wait till he actually plays a game first...and laugh at the new excuses created for him.

Looks pretty clear that by this statement, someone will be hoping that the Niners stumble and fall just due to who is under center.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Quote:
I'll wait till he actually plays a game first...and laugh at the new excuses created for him.

Looks pretty clear that by this statement, someone will be hoping that the Niners stumble and fall just due to who is under center.

Im starting to think a lot of fans on here feel that way too. Sure we are all pissed with how Alex has played but why would you want him to fail.
Quote:

49ers stumble almost every time Smiths under center unless we are playing AZ.

We need a Mod who isnt too craven to lock this thread
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Quote:

I'd do it! Can I, can I????

If any Alex talk gets locked, then some of you would never have any reason to post.

It is what you live for... Alex owns souls on here.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Quote:

And the second they do, PMs are sent asking why we locked this thread. If people want to discuss him, they should be allowed. A new Smith thread will be created, the last 10 pages of this thread will be recreated exactly as they have here. With a few extra posts saying sarcastically, you can't criticize Smith or they'll lock the threads. etc, etc, etc.
Just because I think a player who has been awful for 6 years will be awful in his 7th, that means I want the team to fail? Alex apologist logic strikes again.

LOL @ my fanship being questioned. Really? Perhaps my standards are just higher than most. If your coach sucks, you replace him. If your RB sucks, you replace him. If your QB sucks, you replace him. Apologies for wanting better for my team.
Originally posted by JayBee:
Just because I think a player who has been awful for 6 years will be awful in his 7th, that means I want the team to fail?

No, but when your desire to see a player, and thus likely the team, fail simply so that you can crow about how you "told you so" exceeds your desire to see the team succeed regardless of who is under center, that speaks volumes.

Which is more important to you? Team success with Smith or team failure so that you can be "right"?