LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 533 users in the forums

How much longer do you think S.Young could've played?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by elguapo:
3 years....and 1 more sb

This. Or forever.

f**k you, Lawrence Phillips. f**k you.

watch your language, mods are around

oh wait

Sorry guys but he couldn't get back to the show with consistently stacked teams. Hearst Rice and Owens on the field together for several years of his career. Bad plays in big moments. A great QB but also one of the most overrated of all time.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM ]
69 years
i dunno but im sure hes gonna wanna come back now that morninwheg thinks Vick can be better than him lol. what a retarded statement hahaha
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Sorry guys but he couldn't get back to the show with consistently stacked teams. Hearst Rice and Owens on the field together for several years of his career. Bad plays in big moments. A great QB but also one of the most overrated of all time.

Don't get me wrong I am a Steve Young fan. But if I am going to call Peyton Manning over-rated (which I do) then I have to call Steve Young over-rated as well.
We will never truly know. Coulda shoulda woulda....

Don't get me wrong I am a Steve Young fan. But if I am going to call Peyton Manning over-rated (which I do) then I have to call Steve Young over-rated as well.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Homer-denial is funny. Steve Young retired as the highest rated passer of all time. Obviously he wasn't the best QB of all time. That is the definition of over-rated. Regular season stat machine and 1 superbowl to show for it on stacked offensive teams.
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 6, 2011 at 3:59 PM ]
  • dj43

Homer-denial is funny. Steve Young retired as the highest rated passer of all time. Obviously he wasn't the best QB of all time. That is the definition of over-rated. Regular season stat machine and 1 superbowl to show for it on stacked offensive teams.
He was stupid for handing that ball to Roger Craig.

Originally posted by dj43:

He had many more opportunities to lead the 49ers to the superbowl after the 1990 season

He didn't win because there happened to be two other great QBs in the NFC when he was in his prime, Favre and Aikman. Winning a Super Bowl is a team effort, not just on the QB, even if the QB shoulders most of the load.

And Peyton is one of, if not the best QBs of all time. If you can't see that, we are watching a different game.

• dj43

He had many more opportunities to lead the 49ers to the superbowl after the 1990 season
I could have added the FO decisions to let Ricky Watters go, hang onto a bunch of expensive over-the-hill players and some more but it probably wouldn't matter so I'll just leave it there.

I could have added the FO decisions to let Ricky Watters go, hang onto a bunch of expensive over-the-hill players and some more but it probably wouldn't matter so I'll just leave it there.

Your smugness is pretty obvious if you are trying to be coy, which is also obvious.

You could mention every roster move made during his career if you want to. It doesn't change the fact that he had more than enough coaching, skills, smarts and talent around him to get to another superbowl. He didn't. As I said before, some of his worst play came in the biggest moments. Kurt Warner took the cards to a superbowl with literally nothing but him throwing to Fitzgerald
[ Edited by RichmondPete on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:14 PM ]
  • dj43

Your smugness is pretty obvious if you are trying to be coy, which is also obvious.

You could mention every roster move made during his career if you want to. It doesn't change the fact that he had more than enough coaching, skills, smarts and talent around him to get to another superbowl. He didn't. As I said before, some of his worst play came in the biggest moments. Kurt Warner took the cards to a superbowl with literally nothing but him throwing to Fitzgerald
History is not on your side with the Cardinals. The fact is, once Edgerin James got healthy along with the OL and they began running with authority, it opened up the passing game and Arizona began their roll. Yes, Warner played exceptionally well but he was by no means the sole reason they won the Super Bowl. Boldin made many huge plays when Fitzgerald was covered. Breaston made some key catches and the defense played well.

Steve Young legitimately belongs among the Top 10 QBs of all time. I don't really care where you fit him in there but his overall ability to pass as well as run and run the team earns him that spot.
Share 49ersWebzone